1/48 Tarangus SAAB B17 in progress

So far the fit is good, there are several ejector pin marks to clear up and unfortunately some are in prominent places but others won't be visible. The color callouts are a bit simplified with Aluminum, interior aluminum and Natural Metal to be figured out. Only real complaint is that even with 20/20 vision the color callouts on the instructions still need to be magnified to read. It would have been easier of the drops were clear and the letters black instead of the drops black and letters white. Only other thing is the tailwheel bulkhead needs to be placed behind the indicated line and not in front of it so the rear fuselage will close properly.

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

• Like 7

Did not know there was a 1/48 kit- I have the Marivox 1/72 kit, and it's actually pretty good; I will be following your build with interest, as I've always thought it was a handsome and rugged-looking beast and the airworthy one in Sweden is beautiful on the ground and in the air! Looking pretty good, so far!

Mike

Looking great so far🙂

I'm eagerly waiting my example which is "in transit" at the moment. I'm going to build a Finnish Air Force (surprise, surprise) all yellow target tug. Are there any parts for the target towing equipment in the box?

Kind Regards,

Antti

• Like 1

Nice start to a kit that I must have and, possibly, build. The difference in the interior colour in the bottom photo is amazing. Shows the issues in trying to pin down a colour. Apparently the Dutch (?) book will be out soon so I may end up with two, the float-plane scheme is already decided :D

Very nice work on the instrument panel too :thumbsup: You've done this sort of thing before I think.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay so I have joined the fuselage and most all was a good fit . I did have to shim in some evergreen plastic strip on the underside. Not sure if it was the kit or I messed something up but it was not a very big gap. I also used the same amount of plastic strip on the cowl to keep it the correct diameter. Wings and tailplanes have just been added and the joint will some clean up. Engine looks good but I see some touch up needed. All in all so far so good and I am pleased with the kit.

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

• Like 7

In the homestretch now. Mostly a very good fitting kit other than what I pointed out above. On the landing gear the scissor links will require surgery or replacement to get them to fit as shown. Final thoughts are that I really liked this kit and found it an enjoyable build. Take your time, dry fit and you will love how it turns out. Also these decals are some of the best ever. Strong and yet conformed to all indentions, and raised details without any decal solutions.

2KO6N5x.jpg4jv1e7w.jpg

• Like 9

• 2 weeks later...