GRAMPY, CAN YOU MAKE A TUI ? REVELL B787-8

GRAMPY, CAN YOU MAKE A TUI ? MY GRANDSON HARRY ASKED ME WHILST ON A VISIT TO LUTON, SO HOW COULD I REFUSE A REQUEST LIKE THAT SO I CHOSE G-TUIB WHICH TOOK US ALL ON A FAMILY HOLIDAY TO SPAIN LAST YEAR,THE WINDOWS ON A 787 ARE GREAT   FOR KEEPING CHILDREN AMUSED BY  PRESSING THE BUTTON TO KEEP CHANGING THE TINT OF THE GLASS, THE  BUILD WAS OOB WITH THE ADDITION OF A SET OF BRAZ FAN BLADES WHICH I THINK LOOK QUITE EFFECTIVE, THE DECALS ARE A COMBINATION FROM THE KIT AND 26 AND AA FOR THE WINDOWS.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    CHEERS   MICHAEL.                                                                                                         48272871866_15d17f1870_k.jpg20180903_110253 by michael hobday, on Flickr                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      48271587547_96eac15d89_k.jpgDSC01205 by michael hobday, on Flickr                                                48271510146_e364ac352a_k.jpgDSC01203 by michael hobday, on Flickr                          48271586762_2e67a241b8_k.jpgDSC01199 by michael hobday, on Flickr48271508771_8a1337537c_k.jpgDSC01200 by michael hobday, on Flickr                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     

• Like 22

Superb model Michael.

As Dave noted, the airliner builds here recently have never been so abundant and this is another fine model to add to the forum.

I was a little dubious when these AA window decals were first introduced, but having seen them on some magnificent builds I believe they are the best option available to us.

Thanks for posting.

Chris.

• Like 1

Hi Michael,

What a gorgeous Dreamliner! I see these all the time at MAN and I love them.

As Norbert said I like the details on the roof too, it's little details like these which bring a model to life for me, along with the AA windows of course!

Difficult to see in the pics but how much better are the Bra.Z fan blades? I thought the kit ones were quite fine and sharp.

33 minutes ago, NorbertBu said:

How hard was it to mask the "blue wave"? it has to be smooth and symmetrical.

Having finished a model in this livery Norbert I'd advise working slowly and checking references with regard to where the 'wave' crosses the door outlines and window line.

Looks like you've got a new aviation enthusiast in the family Michael and hopefully an airliner modeller too!

Cheers,

Ian

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Nice one Michael , a look at the engine blades would be good, they are worth  look.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Turbofan said:

Hi Michael,

What a gorgeous Dreamliner! I see these all the time at MAN and I love them.

As Norbert said I like the details on the roof too, it's little details like these which bring a model to life for me, along with the AA windows of course!

Difficult to see in the pics but how much better are the Bra.Z fan blades? I thought the kit ones were quite fine and sharp.

Having finished a model in this livery Norbert I'd advise working slowly and checking references with regard to where the 'wave' crosses the door outlines and window line.

Looks like you've got a new aviation enthusiast in the family Michael and hopefully an airliner modeller too!

Cheers,

Ian

Hi Ian I chose to use the Braz fans solely because they already have the metallic leading edge which seems quite a prominent feature when looking at the engine head on and I didnt think I would be able to create that neatly on the kit fans although they do look perfectly good mouldings,the Braz set was very fiddly but am pleased with the result.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          Cheers Michael.                 

This is sooo good, Michael! And the picture of you and your grandson plane-spotting is heart warming! And how could you EVER resist a request to build him a model of any kind if he asks! I know that grandfather feeling when they capture your heart! And a very nice model, too. Great rendition of the 787. Don't know much about this particular livery, but it looks as though you've paid great attention to the detail. As for allowing your grandson to zoom it around the house...well..........if it crashes, you'll have to be the repair shop! Nice work, indeed. Hope you're inspiring him to be an airliner builder!:penguin:

• Like 1