LF:EC 1/10 Valois Super Mystere pictures

typhoon1

Hi There

Wonder if someone could please help I am looking for pictures of French Air Force EC 1/10 Valois Super Mysteres I have searched the web but nothing.

I am building a kit of one in the Vietnam scheme but I have noticed in the kit they carried two different type of underwing fuel tanks and underwing sidewinders .

Many Thanks

Craig

Craig,

The EM37 book on the Super Mystère has plenty of photos of EC1/10 jets so if you have a specific question I could help you with just ask, I'll help if I can.

Generally French Super Mystère's can be seen without tanks, the smaller tanks and the big tanks, I'd say the smaller 626 litre tanks is the fit you'd see most commonly.

Are you making the Special Hobby kit just released by Azur-FFROM?  I'd be interested to know your thoughts/experience with the kit?

In the meantime, there's this Flikr group for the Super Mystère to take a look at.

Edited by Wez

Hello Craig.

Sidewinders + underwing tanks is a very very rare configuration. I asked a fellow modeller of mine to check in the EM37 book and he just found one photograph of an aircraft on ground display.

Most of the time , this is either drop tanks or  Sidewinders.

I'm a big fan of that bird ! 

Rgds

15 hours ago, typhoon1 said:

I am building a kit of one in the Vietnam scheme 

Is it an old Airfix, or did you already manage to score one of the new Azur / SH kits?

Cheers,

Andre

ps: did the F-4 part reach you yet?

Hi

The radio panel on the spine was 1st painted when they put that cam on them, but they found out that it blocked the Frend or Foe transmiter signal they found this out as when the 1st ones when up they was no signal so they put 2 a/c up one with painted panel and one not, as used when a/c in nat met finish they only p/up the unpainted a/c so thats why you see the pannel unpainted only a few had the painted ones and these where very soon replaced.

Paul

@typhoon1 I'd agree with @basket that it was one or the other. Certainly they wouldn't have carried the larger tanks with sidewinders as they were only for ferrying. I have also crawled through the EM37 book - now available cheaply! - and it is generally small tanks or missiles, not both. 

Martin 

Edited by RidgeRunner

I've just had a trawl through the EM37 book and found precisely two photos of aircraft with both tanks and Sidewinders, in both cases the tanks are the smaller 625 litre tanks (No124/10-RB on page 127 and No13/12-ZG on page 334).

EDIT:

There's a third, a nice albeit small colour picture of 12-ZP on page 264 carrying both small tanks and Sidewinders.

There are plenty of pictures with them carrying just Sidewinders on the outer pylons and many more with 625 litre tanks on the inner pylons and Sidewinder rails on the outer pylons, I can't believe they carried the pylons but never the missiles.

At the end of the day it's your model.

Edited by Wez