FROG Westland Wyvern

After a gap of 6(!) years I finally finished a Frog Westland Wyvern, started in the Obselete Kits GB 2013, shelved because of a bad case of scribingophobia, and finished for the FROG Squad GB 2019. I scratched some cockpit and seat details, scribed it and used a Falcon vac canopy because I have that set and the kit was missing a canopy when I got it from Ebay. "Proper" pictures:

IMG-6067.jpg

IMG-6071.jpg

IMG-6074.jpg

IMG-6075.jpg

IMG-6077.jpg

IMG-6079.jpg

And some phone camera pics after I remembered to paint on the wingtip nav lights!

FBC0-BF45-DFEC-460-D-A8-F5-5278-AEDA19-D

531-B7041-88-A2-43-A1-AD73-0-F30-D25-B7-

It's missing a whole lot of minor air scoops,and the tiny aerials on the fin and tailplane, but I will leave those to the Trumpeter and CMR kit builders, I have to say I prefer the WWII TSS scheme to the post war EDSG/Sky, but this one grew on me during the paint phase.

Thanks for looking,

Adrian

• Like 43

Really like it. You've done a great job on it. 

I have fond memories of the kit. Never bought it but it was on display in the local newsagent window. Out of my league in cost. The owner was a pilot and modeller and had a mini model shop at the back where I bought lots of models. The avuncular Mr Dowling and his pipe who influenced me greatly. 

Great memories. Thank you. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, noelh said:

I have fond memories of the kit. Never bought it

Same here, well, until Ebay came along! FROG seemed to corner the market in FAA and trainer types, together with obscure French and South African colour schemes.

I have to say I am enjoying the FROG Squad GB immensely. They produced such a wide range of aeroplanes.

Regards,

Adrian

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Habu12 said:

holy grail kit

It is a certainly a one-of-a-kind aeroplane, and bless FROG for making one. It actually isn't a bad kit for its time, although I needed a KUTA to get it done and off the shelf of shame...

Regards,

Adrian

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mig88 said:

Lovely job! Hard to tell it's an old Frog kit! Well done.

Miguel

Yes, indeed! Another old Frog classic that can be scrubbed up to make a very nice model. You can be proud of this one! I totally agree with cngaero's comment!

Mike

• Thanks 1