Boeing 777-200 Japan Air System - Hasegawa 1/200

Oh no...not another Airliner! 

Yes, and there is more to come. Here is a very colourful addition to my collection. In the early Noughties (2002-2006...) JAS painted there Aircraft in a very colourful manner. When I saw this kit, I just had to have it.

Well, as usual, older Hasegawa decals tend to be brittle and this one was no exception. The decals reacted to softening fluid in a very unusual way. they wrinkled, but stayed that way even after drying. So I had to do some repair work with a lot of Colour mixing and painting at some Areas. It took some trials until I was satisfied with the results. 

I added an APU inlet just aft of the side tail, which will open when the APU is started. 

I got some MD-80s by Hasegawa in a similar livery and I am Looking Forward to Building them hoping for less difficulties...

I like this scale especially for the big airliners. They are a lot easier to handle.

cheers,

Norbert

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Edited by NorbertBu
  • Like 16

I used the sunshine to take Pictures of another 777 I have built some years ago. The decals are from Liveries Unlimited. Some repair work was also necessary here. It was hard to mix the correct Gold tone.

The base is made out of carton board, thin pencil lines and some shaded Areas with the airbrush, 30 minutes work...

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Edited by NorbertBu
  • Like 12

I almost "impulse" bought the 1/200 Hasegawa 787 band 777 for about $20 bucks a pop at a hobby shop a few days ago to build them in-flight.  How do they go together?

Nice builds.

Cheers

Collin

All the newer Hasegawa kits fit together perfectly, no Problem at all. The older kits like the Tristar or 727 have some Problems like raised Panel lines, but Nothing that can't be fixed. I recommend all the newer kits! 

Edited by NorbertBu

Looking forward to that one. I did not know Hasegawa had already released the 777 in those markings. I built the Hasegawa 747 in the government colours about 20 years ago, still have it in the display case.