Boeing 256, 1/72

While taking a break from scratching the Hudson Bomb Bay, I started 2 new projects, a Brewster Buffalo in USAAF Markings (Australia 1944) and this one, a Monogram F4B4 as a Boeing 256 of the FAB. Thankfully, no obvious conversion was needed, so I simply assembled the kit and got to painting. I'm looking forward to doing a Thai Air Force F4B next.

Hopefully, the finished model will look like this:

Boeing 256

Currently, it looks like this:

Boeing 256 WIP

I apologize for the poor photo: MM Russian Armor Green is curiously hard to photograph. Tomorrow, I will try to get outdoors to take a better one if the weather holds.

The Engine is done and ready to attach, but first I need to finish painting the pilot and then attach the upper fuselage around him. Finally, I will need to source some Brazilian Roundels. I might just buy an FCM P-40 Sheet and a P-40 as well, for a stablemate. Perhaps a P-36 could even appear if I can get the old Monogram or Revell kit for cheap.

That's all for now,

Tweener

• Like 2

Made some more progress on this one over the past few days, and took a few new photos as well:

Boeing 256 WIP

Boeing 256 WIP

I think that it is really beginning to take shape; now I simply need to make a few touch ups and source decals.

Thanks,

Tweener

• Like 1