This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Sign in to follow this  
Brundledonk

1/6 scale Emperor Palaptine heads

I didnt paint these heads completely but  i was asked if i could add some paint to them to make them look a little more like the character in The Return of the Jedi film as they felt the factory paint job was lacking, so i repainted the eyes deepened the lines in his face a bit, yellowed the teeth and added some tones here and there to try and bring him a bit closer to the movie look

here's  what he looked like at the start i think the likeness is very nice but the eyes let it down a lot

Pete

48236142922_70614a3a38_b.jpgUntitled by Brundle Donk, on Flickr

and after some extra paint touches

48251771836_4ffae20939_b.jpgHot Toys Palpatine repaint completed by Brundle Donk, on Flickr

48251839927_d6da7a4364_b.jpgHot Toys Palpatine repaint completed by Brundle Donk, on Flickr

48251840057_03309cdb49_b.jpgHot Toys Palpatine repaint completed by Brundle Donk, on Flickr

48251840087_fe0c7047a8_b.jpgHot Toys Palpatine repaint completed by Brundle Donk, on Flickr

Very nice indeed.

Another superb paint/work on these head figures,really have brought them to life,and I even like your grey thumb 😉.

Cheers Jim.

On 13 July 2019 at 3:38 PM, Carts said:

Very nice indeed.

Thank you Carts

Pete

On 14 July 2019 at 12:19 AM, Jim Wasley said:

Another superb paint/work on these head figures,really have brought them to life,and I even like your grey thumb 😉.

Cheers Jim.

Cheers Jim,

I really enjoy doing them and have plans to do a few more so I'll stick some pics up once I start chucKing the paint around again

hahaha that's Mr Surfacer 1200 on my thumb and I'm trying to remember what I was priming when I took the picture but alas I can't  for the life of me recall what it was as I've got a few things going on at the bench but it was possibly Gundam related

Pete