RNAS Yeovilton Air Day- Live Stream

Troffa

I had both on CEO was asleep on her throne. No queues for the toilets, no queues for ice cream, nobody standing up in front of me😩. Oh and we had a Hurricane fly over about 4pm.

Steve.

Edited by speedy
  • Like 1

Very cool to be able to see the show live from the US! Loved the Alize and the F-16 demo was good. My favourite, of course, was the Sea Fury!

My only niggle was that the volume balance of engine noise and show commentary was off - not loud enough of the former and far too much of the latter! I'm glad the show commentator went totally quiet for the BBMF! I admit thought that he's a lot better than some of the idiots who do commentary at most US shows! Non-stop fatuous yabbering all day...........................

• Like 1

On 7/14/2019 at 12:05 AM, Paul Bradley said:

Very cool to be able to see the show live from the US! Loved the Alize and the F-16 demo was good. My favourite, of course, was the Sea Fury!

My only niggle was that the volume balance of engine noise and show commentary was off - not loud enough of the former and far too much of the latter! I'm glad the show commentator went totally quiet for the BBMF! I admit thought that he's a lot better than some of the idiots who do commentary at most US shows! Non-stop fatuous yabbering all day...........................

In my considered opinion announcers and the PA systems are the bane of the air show circuit.  There is no escaping it.  I wish they had 'quiet' areas for the public who just want to listen to the aircraft.  I was their at Yeovilton and I have to say the announcer was pretty knowledgeable but gave just too much information so the chatter was pretty much constant.  When the BofB Flight flew in it was such a relief when he shut up.  The worst one I have heard is, I believe, a French announcer who they use at Duxford.  He just drones on and on and on with the most tedious voice you can imagine.  He never stops, even for the crowd to hear such amazing sounds like low and fast Merlin engines.  Drives me mad and actually puts me off going. 

2 hours ago, Meatbox8 said:

The worst one I have heard is, I believe, a French announcer who they use at Duxford.  He just drones on and on and on with the most tedious voice you can imagine.  He never stops, even for the crowd to hear such amazing sounds like low and fast Merlin engines.  Drives me mad and actually puts me off going. 

One reason why I don't go there(Duxford for Legends) so much now...spoils my enjoyment.  I'm sure he has a few glasses too many of vin rouge or something.   Don't get me wrong, I love the flying aspect and atmosphere of the show but.....

How ever I really miss not going to VL this year and in past years back to late 80's

• Like 1

Planes TV does a pretty good job with their coverage - they have an arrangement with Yeovilton, as I remember seeing the free live stream last year as well. I wish they'd do more of these for those of us overseas who can't get to the shows, but I do understand that they want to sell their products, not give them away! 

Regarding airshow commentators, and without wishing to turn this into a 'moanfest,' the worst ones really are the US ones - very loud, hyper-enthusiastic, often inaccurate, always Jingoistic and prone to playing loud rock guitar riffs when even a glider is doing an aerobatic routine! It has to be experienced to be believed. But only once.......     I've taken to wearing earplugs. 

Edited by Paul Bradley