Scottish Fishery Protection Vessel "Jura"

6 hours ago, Murdo said:

By the way, here she is, nesting comfortably in her build rig with the electronics breadboard, LEDs and FO attached to her.:

kP3i76C.jpg

See why I don’t generally put lights in my models! 😱

This project is looking great though.👍

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Bandsaw Steve said:

See why I don’t generally put lights in my models! 😱

Nah, Xantho will look great with some yellow flickering LEDs. This is my first ever attempt with FO which is why I'm making such a pig's ear of it.   :dunce:

15 hours ago, longshanks said:

The aerial on the front of the bridge is a DF (Direction Finder) Loop

Thanks Kev! It's not an easy thing to replicate.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Much to my shame I seem to have developed an aversion to updating poor Jura on BM.

Unfortunately Lockdown hasn't helped much as most of the work we do is for MOD and NHS so I've actually just got busier.

After months making lots of wee parts I've now started fitting them. Here's how she currently looks:

gOeOXql.jpg

GxTHbF2.jpg

2EYHlP9.jpg

CcjRG7L.jpg

Night running, port to port:

CS1onKx.jpg

At the top of the main mast:

On the left - Anemometer (bit blurred). Middle – a couple of antennas, masthead light, ladder and some rigging. On the right – what I thought looked like a TV aerial, it's probably something terribly technical and nautical but I still reckon it's a TV aerial.

hWsd0Hz.jpg

She's slowly getting there.

• Like 11

• 1 month later...

Aaaaaand... Finally!

After almost a year I'm calling FPV Jura finished!

eC8wN0E.jpg

Rigging is the fabulous Uschi thread .05 and .03

Flags printed out on Laser decal paper and glued to tinfoil painted with Halfords White Primer.

Just a wee bit of weathering added as SWMBO has already had a go at me for daring to put rust on David's ship.

I've ordered an identical new display case as last week I knocked my desk vise off it's shelf and it landed on Jura's case about 5 feet below. I stared in horror but the case stood up well. It just cracked the top of the case and knocked some bits and some rigging loose, all repaired now though.

The "plaque" on the case is decal paper stuck to a bit of Styrene sheet but I don't think I'm too happy with it and might replace it.

The case crack:

OL4oyZL.jpg

WYk5uRz.jpg

• Like 7

Thanks guys, your help and encouragement whilst building Jura was very much appreciated!

By the way, temember the other wee ship I was building alongside the Jura, "SS Anonymous"?

Well... I've lost it. Can't find it anywhere! Terribly careless to lose a whole ship.         :wall:

yYl4G6Q.jpg

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

17 hours ago, Ex-FAAWAFU said:

Lovely.  By the way, I think you’re right; it is a TV aerial

I'll have to ask David: "When TV reception was poor did you send someone up to adjust the TV aerial or did you just adjust the whole ship?"        :rofl: