Fokker F-27 Balair Eastern Express kit in 1/144

Another Swiss airline for my collection.

This is a new kit by Eastern Express and as such its of the same good quality as all their newer airliner kits.

Still short run and nothing for beginners though but nicely molded parts with fine engraved panellines.

Nicely detailed but they overdid it again esp. for a kit in that small size.Some parts are so small,they are prone to get lost by simply looking at them...

The landing gear has lots of very small parts,here I wish EE would mold the gear legs in one single part rather than 4 ! just for the leg....

Nonetheless a wonderful little F-27 from EE.

The decals are very well printed and nice to work with.

The build is a bit challenging considering those tiny parts but the fit,with some careful preparation,is quite good.

Construction of this model took a few months,with breaks,to complete,but it was a fun build and I am looking forward to the EE Fokker 50 that I recently bought.

Painted with Revell enamels and clear coated with Tamyia Semi-Gloss 

Balair was a subsidiary of Swissair and operated 4 F-27s in the 60s until early 70s,mainly on Swissair routes.

Cheers,

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

And with "something else" The MD-80 can be seen in the next RFI

spacer.png

• Like 15

And another!

I flew on these a few times long ago back in Argentina.

I remember once there was a little delay, the plane was in tarmac and we could see it from the small terminal building.

A mechanic brought a normal household wooden ladder, climbed on it, open a cover on a nacelle, hammered a few times something, and we were in and up in the air in no time!

And no one had the least concern. And we arrived safe and sound. Those were the times.

Cheers

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Moa said:

And another!

I flew on these a few times long ago back in Argentina.

I remember once there was a little delay, the plane was in tarmac and we could see it from the small terminal building.

A mechanic brought a normal household wooden ladder, climbed on it, open a cover on a nacelle, hammered a few times something, and we were in and up in the air in no time!

And no one had the least concern. And we arrived safe and sound. Those were the times.

Cheers

Thank you very much.

Thats some story there...I don't think this would work nowadays:hmmm:

But it shows how reliable those Fokker planes were/are.

I flew once with a Lufthansa Cityline Fokker 50 from Basel to Munich,unfortunately my one and only flight with a Fokker,and it was a very pleasant flight.

I remember,after landing in Munich,one businessman was scolding the stewardess,complaining why they use such a crappy aircraft with propellers instead of a jet...

Everyone probably thought,he should rather buy his own businessjet,so he won't need to fly prop-driven aircrafts anymore...:D

Edited by Alex1978
  • Haha 1

It warms my heart every time I see an F-27 model on this forum.

I (like many) grew up with the Friendship as the staple regional airliner at our local airport.

You've done an excellent job. 👍👍