Boeing 747-100s TWA schemes,old Airfix 1/144 kits finally finished

Some other Airfix classics...

These two Jumbo Jets I started over 2 years ago,but I was not happy with the build so I decided to stop and they landed in the spares box.

The fuselages and wings had already been painted  but I was not satisfied.I was thinking also of disposing them off to the trash can but for some reason I kept them.

Now that the 747 is celebrating its 50th birthday and I am currently working on some old Revell 747s,I remembered those two lost kits in the box.

What should I do ? Bin them as planned or give it another go and finish them ? I still had decals left for them....

I decided for the first option and cleaned a repainted the fuselages and wings,but then I realized....only engines for one !!

Ok,the Airfix engines are crap but what to do ? I had some Revell 747 engines in my spares box and with some changes they fit on the wings of the Airfix kits,project saved.

The decals with the red stripe TWA livery come from the US release of the Airfix kit and the "Twin Globe" livery is from a US Revell kit but fit quite good on the Airfix 747.

The windows and details are from F-DCAL and other sources.

The stands are also from the Revell 747.

They are more desktop models but I am pleased how they turned out and happy I did not trash them. And despite the many faults of the Airfix kit,they look like 747s

Note:I omitted the antennas as the broke of frequently while handling and usually don't last long when cleaning the models...

Cheers

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Edited by Alex1978
  • Like 23

20 hours ago, Moa said:

And yet another excellent model.

What do you have there? a machine that cranks out airliners like sausages? 😁

Thank you very much.

Not exactly...the machine is me:winkgrin:

As I always work on 4-5 kits and some others allready pre-started,there are times when a bigger number gets finished within some weeks.Usually 2 models are getting finished at once.

As those two 747's sat around mostly built,this was a somewhat quicker process in getting them over the finishing line

They're beautiful. I always admired the twin globe livery for TWA...was never much on the twin stripes. These two look fantastic side by side. What's even more impressive is the rate at which you're producing and posting. Wow. So many at once!!??!! I do well to finish one in several months' time. Not unusual for me to work on one larger one for a year. Good for you! Nice work, as always, Alex.