MiG-25RBT 1/72 ICM

Hi folks,

this is latest addition to my collection of Iraqi AF. Built with few goodies like Quickboost air scoops, Master pitot and New Ware Advanced masks, which helped to airbrush the canopy sealing.

Panted with Gunze H, Alclad II and Mr.Color SM for metallic areas.

This was  kinda test built as I plan to follow soon on with another versions with Soviet/Russian markings.

Cheers

Libor

48266430506_7eb1e7f5ea_b.jpg

48266430811_17f33b218e_b.jpg

48266507957_510d4f5ca6_b.jpg

48266507822_d5c1182562_b.jpg

48266430701_3891541611_b.jpg

48266507702_3fefd4b298_b.jpg

48266430611_f2b3e63ea2_b.jpg

48266430461_6fe5cf1e7f_b.jpg

• Like 51
  • Thanks 1

Amazing! Love it and can‘t believe that it is 1/72. Respect Sir! 

Best regards 

Andy 

🏻🏻🏻🏻👍👍👍👍

Edited by Andy Dyck
  • Thanks 1

Absolutely stunning Libor. One of the best looking MiG-25's I've ever seen in any scale. It looks like you used a flat final clear coat rather than your usual satin. True?

• Thanks 1

Thanks everyone for kind comments!

Hobo: actually, I don't use satin varnish on the final finish, but matte. Lately I experiment with new stuff from Mr.Color called Premium Topcat Matte, which comes in a can, so has to be de-canned for the airbrush. But it is the finest matte varnish I came across so far!

Cheers

Libor

16 minutes ago, Redboost said:

Thanks everyone for kind comments!

Hobo: actually, I don't use satin varnish on the final finish, but matte. Lately I experiment with new stuff from Mr.Color called Premium Topcat Matte, which comes in a can, so has to be de-canned for the airbrush. But it is the finest matte varnish I came across so far!

Cheers

Libor

Libor: Can you please tell me what you thin this stuff with and in what percentages? Thank you.

Fantastic model mate. Very well done indeed.

How is this kit in general regarding fitting and general details (without goods I mean)?

I want to build a MIG25 and would be looking for recommendations.

Cheers

Edited by ArmouredSprue
Adding text
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Hobo said:

Libor: Can you please tell me what you thin this stuff with and in what percentages? Thank you.

By Mark I eyeball the mixing ration is aprrox. 1:5 for the thinner.

2 hours ago, ArmouredSprue said:

How is this kit in general regarding fitting and general details (without goods I mean)?

I want to build a MIG25 and would be looking for recommendations.

It is a great kit is terms of fit. Obviously, you have to pay attention to the fuselage structure assembly, which is quite comlex due to the size of the parts and number of bulkheads, and at the area where the separate nose meets the hull, but generally I did not use any filler.

Details are fine too and definitely all are useable. The cockpit is well detailed and under the closed hood you can't see much (I just added the scratch built seat belts). On my next project (Soviet RBF) I will be using only the brass Pitot which I always simply can't resist.

Cheers

Libor

• Thanks 1