1:32 Tamiya Supermarine Spitfire Mk.IXc

That is a beauty. I particularly love the engine. Fantastic detailing. What a lovely gesture to have sent this kit to you. 

Congratulations on winning your battles.

Best wishes to you my friend, heres to many, many more builds, Martin 

• Thanks 1

See, building a kit in 1/32 is just like building it in 1/72, but with more details... :rofl:

All jokes aside, you gave us an excellent model :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

I don't remember if you've mentioned what's next.... :hmmm:

Ciao

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Martin Ford said:

That is a beauty. I particularly love the engine. Fantastic detailing. What a lovely gesture to have sent this kit to you. 

Congratulations on winning your battles.

Thanks Martin! I am still amazed that this kit was gifted to me, and from Australia at that. The postage fee must have been almost as much as the kit. This proves that modellers are really a good bunch at heart, despite all our quibbling over how many rivets are on a Bf 109.   :) 

3 hours ago, Max Headroom said:

Oh my word. A Thing of Beauty. That is top notch. I love the photos too, especially the foreshortened front and rear views.

Thanks Trevor. Yeah, I like those poses, too. I try to get the camera at eye-level as if the model were full size. It's a different perspective than a lot of model photos, and I find them more dramatic.

2 hours ago, giemme said:

See, building a kit in 1/32 is just like building it in 1/72, but with more details... :rofl:

All jokes aside, you gave us an excellent model :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

I don't remember if you've mentioned what's next.... :hmmm:

Thanks Giorgio! Yeah, more details - that's for sure. Luckily, Tamiya did most of the work for me! There is part of my that says I should build some more in that scale so this model won't be lonely. The Tamiya Corsair or Mustang come to mind. Although I do have the old 1:32 Matchbox Spitfire Mk.22 along with a ton of aftermarket to "accurize" it (Gawd, I hate that word - where did it come from?). I suspect when I build it, I'll find it a rather more different experience than this Tamiya gem.   :)

What's next? Well, there are two 1:72 Gloster Javelin kits on my workbench that are trying to mate. Maybe their offspring will merit a WIP thread.

1 hour ago, Biggles87 said:

Superbe ( the french spelling ). Two years four months for a 1/32 kit is pretty quick in my book. I have a couple which were started three years ago and are still not finished!

Thanks John! That got me thinking - I have 204 kits in my stash. They are mostly 1:72, so let's say I'll need, on average, 3 months to build each one. That's a total of 612 months, or 51 years. So, assuming I don't buy any more kits (HA!) I'll finish when I'm 115 years old. What do you think? A reasonable goal? Thank God they're not all 1:32!

Cheers,

Bill

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Good grief, has it really been 2 years and 4 months; have I been following this build for that long (I can still remember the very first post and thinking 'I'm watching this one')?!! And now she's done. What a beauty. A very special build in EVERY way. I'm just in awe, really. B E A U T I F U L  and thank you for sharing the journey...

• Thanks 1

Another beautiful model Bill - gorgeous.

Thanks for sharing the build and I'll look forward to the next one! :) 

• Thanks 1