AK- leaf & plant neutral protection

ColinH25

Hello. I plan on starting my first diorama soon and obviously the scene I've set my heart on for now has alot of greenery in it hasn't it lol. Overgrown and run down to be exact.

And I know I can make all the items in the scene look amazing as I want. But if the vegetation doesn't look somewhat believeable it won't matter. 

I was looking at weathering paints etc and stumbled across this stuff from AK....

"This product is a preservative for reusable natural plants. You just need to put the branch or the small plant in the container with the product overnight and the sap will be replaced by the agent getting it to remain undamaged or wither in our diorama. '

https://www.scalemodelshop.co.uk/product/ak-interactive-ak-8042-natural-leaves-plants-neutral-protection?gclid=CjwKCAjwvJvpBRAtEiwAjLuRPWaIWokD0wLve1XIQZVDYEQ01lqj2k4MXNVgSN3ApLtGmhbzO3UA8hoC6m4QAvD_BwE

Anyone tried it? Know if it works well etc? 

Thanks. 

Edit-  Can't find out much at all about this stuff. Reviews/YouTube etc. 

Found this though.. 

"The natural plant preservative is interesting though similar products have been on the market for years. Still, I'd like to try it out and see for myself."

So what the hell is this stuff!?

I read something the other night about preserving moss with Glycerin. So is it just pretty much that? 😕

Edited by ColinH25

not sure about the make-up, but if it's labeled AK or MIG you can be sure you're paying as much as possible for it.

I have difficulty watching this presenter, but his videos do impart a fair degree of knowledge & technique:

9 hours ago, s.e.charles said:

not sure about the make-up, but if it's labeled AK or MIG you can be sure you're paying as much as possible for it.

I have difficulty watching this presenter, but his videos do impart a fair degree of knowledge & technique:

Thanks man.  Yeah get what you mean. He must have said 'yeah?' about 100 hundred times. 

YouTube comments are always worth a laugh...  "Someone's gotta do a video edit with just him inhaling. nice vid BTW." 

Lol. Poor guy. 

But yeah he's clued up. Good info. Thanks for that. 

Seems quite a bit of work 😕  Laying them out. Then trapping in glass. Drying times etc. 

The AK stuff makes it sound so simple. Just plop it in a jar. Got to bed. Wake up. Open jar. Done and done. 

Also yeah. Even in my very early days of the hobby I can see they are rather expensive compared. 

Haven't ruled it out though. I'll maybe contact them to see if I can squeeze any more info out of them. 

Cheers!