Mirage IIIO A3-31 at Butterworth - Malaysia - 1/48 - finished, ready for mission

next stuff:

pitot:

usually I use Master pitots for their sturdiness and detail:

This in one I had in a WIngman Mirage V boxing, looks a bit strange at the tip (fat, blunt, etc..) probably wil stay wiht the kit one IF it survives!

hOGoJCN.jpg

nDr49rk.jpg

hOGoJCN.jpg 

• Like 1

On 10/18/2019 at 11:53 AM, Calum said:

The Kinetic decals have better colours for the Aussie Roundels than what Caracal depict

hmm hard to say!  Caracal red is a bit darker, the blue a but lighter.... probably will depend on the background as well!

lets see what is usabel and how...

the Kinetic color parallelogram (red-white-blue) angles are smaller compared to the Caracal ones... Caracal seems to be more appropriate and ~ in line withe the forward rudder line...

on the other hand the Caracal rudder markings are way to big for the Kinetic rudder.... unfortunately the southern stars are close to the forward side and trailing edge... :wall:

Edited by exdraken

BAYlUww.jpg

the band on the fin obviouslyis too long for now, but anyways I have to cut the rudder decal first!

Caracal on the fin, Kinetic intake, bottom and speedbrakes for now...

Edited by exdraken
  • Like 6

22 hours ago, modelling minion said:

but it is a lot better being too big rather than too small.

and that is exactly why I designed it like it is; please note that there are thousands of Esci / Italeri Mirage III kits languishing in kit stashes worldwide that these decals should fit.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, CaracalModels said:

and that is exactly why I designed it like it is; please note that there are thousands of Esci / Italeri Mirage III kits languishing in kit stashes worldwide that these decals should fit.

Kudos to you sir, great to know that someone is designing decals intelligently.

• Like 1

decaling and some weathering done

and some bad photos taken...

8hZjcwO.jpg

fNDOmKx.jpg

tUT3Gjt.jpg

yqfmHrB.jpg

JrdS4lj.jpg

now:

1300 l tank to be fitted, undercarriage done, Brassin Matra Magic missiles and pylons to be done, and the RPK-10s incl bombs.... we will see what manages to get into the gallery ;) 

• Like 3

Looking good Werner,

I note the 4 orange rectangles around the main wheel wells, these in fact were painted red, not sure how Kinetic figured orange? They were quick opening panels that gave access to the under carriage safety handles (forward) and fuel cross feed handles (aft).

Also good to see you painted the fin navigation light a lot miss this, the instructions don't mention it but the cover was half orange (top) and half clear ( bottom), sorry about the Mirage tech coming out here :D

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Romeo Alpha Yankee said:

Looking good Werner,

I note the 4 orange rectangles around the main wheel wells, these in fact were painted red, not sure how Kinetic figured orange? They were quick opening panels that gave access to the under carriage safety handles (forward) and fuel cross feed handles (aft).

Also good to see you painted the fin navigation light a lot miss this, the instructions don't mention it but the cover was half orange (top) and half clear ( bottom), sorry about the Mirage tech coming out here :D

http://www.adf-gallery.com.au/gallery/Mirage-III-A3-15/Mirage_A3_15_with_Matra_Missile_77_Sqn_1977_000_142_254_0002?full=1

red it is .. and very red!

Caracal and Kinetic are both orange...

navigation lights:, no for the time being they are not even mounted! but thanks!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, modelling minion said:

Will you be using all the tanks? I really like the look of the RPK's with the Snakeyes on them.

most likely yes :)

found this photo: 

Mirage_A3_7a.jpg

http://www.adf-gallery.com.au/gallery/albums/Mirage-III-A3-7/Mirage_A3_7a.jpg

Edited by exdraken
  • Like 1

next step: weaponry 

4HBZWHO.jpg

Eduard Matra Magic I s :) 

YDv00if.jpg

Kinetic Mk-82 Snakeyes, with a modified, conical , current tip fuse.

Kinetic provides 6  bombs.... either 4 or 8 are needed.... the sprue is either from their Kfir or F-16.......

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, modelling minion said:

Good progress Werner, looks like your Mirage will be heavily laden.

That is the idea after all, no?

FRONTLINE Asia!

In this type of GBs I tend to model something hypothetically realistically laden... 

Kind of what if war happened and 3 Sqd from Butterworth being thrown into action at short notice in let's say 1985 ....

Edited by exdraken
  • Like 1

seat:

MB Mk 6 from HPM

a bit crude on the screen, but ~nice in real life ;)

FTy6Q4Q.jpg

have to repair the nose and pitot after a short flight.... she has something against the gallery it seems....

Edited by exdraken
  • Like 1