1/72 Zil 131

OlegTheMeerkat

Hi all,

I'm starting a Zil 131 soon and I'm just going through what paints I'll need for it. It says I'll need xf 5 for the green, does anyone know if this is the correct colour for Soviet military vehicles? I'm looking at doing a Zil 131 from the 1980s, would the green be different back then. I'm planning on spraying it. Either tamiya and humbrol paints will be perfect for me if anyone can help me out.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm building the ICM kit. I like you fire engine 131s, reminds me of the ones they used at Chernobyl. I just finished watching the HBO series about a month ago. That is the reason I wanted to build one of these trucks actually haha. I just wanted to do a ordinary 1980s era Soviet 131. So just plain green I would have thought. I read elsewhere that the greens where of all sorts of shades?

• 1 month later...

The cabs were fading significantly less than the rest of the vehicle, so normally it would be a tad darker than faded 4bo of the flat bad, or (especially) shelter. In general zil-131s were somewhat lighter in color than Gaz or Ural trucks, perhaps this had something to do with the Moscow's supply chain.

The cab of the ICM kit is rather incorrect in shape and would require serious surgery....