Mil Mi-26 HALO ZVEZDA 1/72 motorized flashlighting

I begun an other beast 55 cm. I begun the interior colours. The fuselage with the sand colour be most brightness for contrast with some wires which I want to fix on sides and ceilling. I put 5ml sandgelbRLM79 4789AP FS 30216 to converse the simple sand to ochre. The medium grey which gives Zvezda for cockpit is not correct with real heli. So I coloured the floor with light ghost grey. The same for the floor of main cargo area. Is more realistic the light ghost grey.

spacer.pngspacer.png

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Hi Nokia,

VER NICE work on this impressive helicopter model!  I'm impressed with your abilities to make the doors able to open and close and look forward to seeing how you motorized her.  I'm also glad you figured out the interior colors, I've been trying to figure those out and even was trying to contact AKAN to help me with those (with no success!).  Still trying to figure out which country I want mine to represent.

Keep up the good work, waiting to see more!

Cheers,

WARDOG

• 2 weeks later...

This kit is rapidly approaching the top of my stash, so I'll follow this build avidly.

Dunno if I'll go to the lengths you're going to, Nicos, although it's certainly a model that deserves a full electronics job ! The end result is sure to be a stunner !

Also got the Bergamot decal set which provides 40 different liveries for the Halo [including the kit set].

Not quite sure where I'll display one Halo, let alone 40...........

Rog

• Like 1

The interior colour is the Lifecolour UA 090 FS 33711 Sand That for Wardog and anyone helping the choose of interior colour with the more fidelity of the real. ( I forgot to shere  the colour) For the exterior  colours I am in searching phase. The wheel system was a big problem because it has nt good designation to be strong, so I used on cyanoacrylic baked soda for strong solution stability. Electronically all works good. The question is what will be done when I 'll put the weight of blades. Will the main rotor work in  good rotation and will give energy to the tail motor? 

• Like 1

Looks well, Nikos! 👍

On 04/10/2019 at 01:09, nikos said:

The question is what will be done when I 'll put the weight of blades. Will the main rotor work in  good rotation and will give energy to the tail motor?

Unfortunately, I can’t answer here. Hope your engineering will do this trick!