1/72 Airfix Spitfire F Mk.22

• Airfix
  • Scale: 1/72
  • Type: Spitfire F Mk.22
  • Extras used: None
  • Paints and colours used: Alclad II High Speed Silver, various Tamiya paints, Flory Grime Wash, please see build thread for the clears

Hi All, I finished this sometime ago, but it's taken me a while to get around to photographing here. This is the Airfix kit. It's pretty decent. Nicely recessed details which are a little soft in places. Fit is generally good, but not very positive in places. Minimal filler needed (just Mr surfacer really).  Over all a good fun build if you take your time with the fit. I actually made this for a group build on another forum, but missed the deadline in typical Val fashion!

On with the pics.
DSCF7183-XL.jpg

DSCF7184-XL.jpg

The canopy is quite thick, but the cockpit details aren't brilliant either so not really worth worrying about. It's only 1/72 after all.
DSCF7185-XL.jpg

DSCF7186-XL.jpg

DSCF7187-XL.jpg

DSCF7188-XL.jpg

DSCF7189-XL.jpg

DSCF7190-XL.jpg

DSCF7193-XL.jpg

The decals were brilliant, btw.

Thanks for looking!

Val

• Like 29

On 7/11/2019 at 12:47 PM, Adam Poultney said:

Really want to get hold of one of these!

Wonder where they all went...

homebargains.jpg

Nice job Val, did the same kit/scheme/paint last december but being me, went full shiny and up a bleedin' pole🙄 Wasn't the Aclad HSS a dream to spray? Got another do in camo in the next few weeks as well. I'm pretty sure the pile above has self replicated, I counted 6 in the build pile and I've already done one!

stbd1.JPG&key=d2d577ba4a73a722784d66197e

Cheers and good to see a fellow Gentleman's Scale modeller in  action!

Anil

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, azureglo said:

Wonder where they all went...

homebargains.jpg

Nice job Val, did the same kit/scheme/paint last december but being me, went full shiny and up a bleedin' pole🙄 Wasn't the Aclad HSS a dream to spray? Got another do in camo in the next few weeks as well. I'm pretty sure the pile above has self replicated, I counted 6 in the build pile and I've already done one!

stbd1.JPG&key=d2d577ba4a73a722784d66197e

Cheers and good to see a fellow Gentleman's Scalele modeller in  action!

Anil

Thanks Anil, yes it’s a fun little kit which I enjoyed making. And yes, I’ve got to say the Alclad HSS went down really well. First time I’d used Alclad beyond their clears and I was worried after hearing stories, but this colour at least seemed to work great. Love yours as well mate, looks great on the pole!

6 hours ago, Meatbox8 said:

A beautiful lookig Spit.  These late marks look great in silver.  The HSS looks excellent.

Thanks! The Alclad HSS worked great. I used it over Alclad white primer, and didn’t even bother polishing the plastic. I probably should have done as the airfix stuff is textured, but I can recommend the paint!

• Like 1

Now I have to go down to my Basement and look for my finished F.22. ..

I like the way you weathered this Beautiful Little model!

...or is it into my Basement? or cellar? You know what I mean….

Edited by NorbertBu
  • Thanks 1

• 1 year later...