1/48 Revell Dassault Rafale M

• Revell
  • Scale: 1/48
  • Type: Dassault Rafale M
  • Extras used: Eduard GBU-12 bombs, Renaissance MICA EM missiles.
  • Paints and colours used: Mainly Vallejo with AK Xtreme metals where appropriate. Flory Dark Dirt Wash, various oils, Alclad II Aqua Gloss, Tamiya Matt varnish and Flory weathering sponge.

Hi again! I'm spamming today, got a few finished off and photographed...

So, this is another one I finished a little while ago but only just had a chance to photograph. A lovely kit, only issue is really is around the air intakes. Also the missiles aren't great due to an awkward to clean join, which is why I used resin. Other than that, nicely detailed and relatively straight forward build. If I was to build another one, I'd probably got for an after market seat too. Decals were nice as well/

So here she is:

DSCF7209-XL.jpg

DSCF7211-XL.jpg

DSCF7212-XL.jpg

DSCF7210-XL.jpg

DSCF7213-XL.jpg

DSCF7214-XL.jpg

DSCF7215-XL.jpg

DSCF7216-XL.jpg

DSCF7218-XL.jpg

DSCF7220-XL.jpg

DSCF7219-XL.jpg

DSCF7221-XL.jpg

That's it! Thanks for looking!

Val

• Like 46

Hello Val,

One of my favorite airplanes of this moment.

Your model represents it splendid.

You gave some tips that I noted down for when I start with mine.

Thanks for sharing. Regards, Orion.

• Thanks 1

Wow, well done;)

Looks very convincing to me! :thumbsup:

The only thing that disturbes a bit is the radar guided Micas on the wingtips instead of IR guided ones... they look very good though! But would be csrried under the wing where currrntly your bomb pylons are loaded,  or conformal under the rear fuselage sides. Maybe these pylons are slso included in your kit!

Most likely your kit would have the corrrect seaker heads included as transparent parts....

Cheers, hope you don't mind!

• Thanks 1

Niiiiiice, love it. 

Built one myself a few weeks ago, and loved every second of the build. I'm now obsessed with Rafales and ordered a C... after some more though 😂

Edited by Antb
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, exdraken said:

Wow, well done;)

Looks very convincing to me! :thumbsup:

The only thing that disturbes a bit is the radar guided Micas on the wingtips instead of IR guided ones... they look very good though! But would be csrried under the wing where currrntly your bomb pylons are loaded,  or conformal under the rear fuselage sides. Maybe these pylons are slso included in your kit!

Most likely your kit would have the corrrect seaker heads included as transparent parts....

Cheers, hope you don't mind!

Hi mate, thanks for your kind words, and also your information. I don’t mind at all, I’m always happy to learn. To be honest, the instructions were a little ambiguous about the missiles! I know for next time :)

• Like 2