Bristol Aeroplane Company GB Chat

21 hours ago, rob85 said:

Do I recall you building a beaufighter in a GB before? Or am I getting confused (I have often got peoples threads mixed up). I will add you to the list Col!

Rob

Think I did make a start to one or both in a GB but it was so long ago I can't recall which one :blush:

Could we also extend this GB coverage to include anything with a Bristol aero engine in it?

Edited by Col.

Count me in. I’ve built four Blenheims and still manage to have seven in the stash so I need to tip that balance a bit.

I've done a Beaufort and a Bristol 188 before but I’m not tempted to repeat either experience!

Regards,

Adrian

• Like 1

On 7/25/2019 at 12:11 PM, AdrianMF said:

Count me in. I’ve built four Blenheims and still manage to have seven in the stash so I need to tip that balance a bit.

I've done a Beaufort and a Bristol 188 before but I’m not tempted to repeat either experience!

Regards,

Adrian

7, that’s a lot, I have one! And a beafighter

7 minutes ago, JOCKNEY said:

Put me down for either a Bombay or Beaufort.

Both sound great! But especially the Beaufort 

Ive added you both 👍🏻

Rob

• Like 1

On 7/20/2019 at 10:00 AM, theplasticsurgeon said:

Grudging approval from local rival from Jet Age Gloster.

However I've got this Bristol Beaufighter.

Today, one of our regular customers at Jet Age asked me to build a Valom Bristol Bombay for him.

Edited:   The Bombay is in my possession, a choice to be made.

Valom-Bombay.jpg

Edited again 13 May 2020.  The Bombay has been built during lockdown.

Valom-Bombay-FP.jpg

Valom-Bombay-FS.jpg

However I have confirmed support for 2021 bunfight with my Beaufighter kit - and likely adding a Beaufort.

• Like 3

On 7/28/2019 at 9:02 PM, theplasticsurgeon said:

Today, one of our regular customers at Jet Age asked me to build a Valom Bristol Bombay

which I think that I, and BM subscribers would find more interesting.  Bring it on.

A valom Bombay.... interesting for us to watch but interesting is not the word I would use for you to build? Isn’t the kit a pain?

Rob

I'll do one of the 'High Planes' Beauforts.  I have a MkI, MkII (P&W) and a DAP MkVIII.  

The Beaufighter Mk 1 early canopy version I did turned out OK, so they don't scare me! :worry: 

Davey.

DSC_0018

Edited by DaveyGair
  • Like 5

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 8/27/2019 at 7:07 PM, Jinxman said:

Count me in if you would - I need to do a multiple Airfix Bulldog build to reduce the stash a little. 

Bulldog, nice choice! I like those little fellas!

welcome along!

Rob

• Thanks 1

I did put my name down for a few GB's this year but family health issues curtailed all that.  Hopefully everything is sorted now so I should be able to join this one.  I work on the site of the wartime Shadow factory of The Bristol Aircraft Company, where they built Beauforts and Beaufighters etc.  Post war they produced the Sycamore and the Belvedere, also. Britannias were upgraded and repaired there. BAC also produced the Bristol Bloodhound and even the Sea Wolf missile of Falklands fame.  Plenty of choice there methinks.

Mike

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, bootneck said:

I did put my name down for a few GB's this year but family health issues curtailed all that.  Hopefully everything is sorted now so I should be able to join this one.  I work on the site of the wartime Shadow factory of The Bristol Aircraft Company, where they built Beauforts and Beaufighters etc.  Post war they produced the Sycamore and the Belvedere, also. Britannias were upgraded and repaired there. BAC also produced the Bristol Bloodhound and even the Sea Wolf missile of Falklands fame.  Plenty of choice there methinks.

Mike

Well I hope the family health issues stay sorted for you Mike!

i like it when there is a connection to something, cool that you get to have that!

Rob

• 2 weeks later...

Count me in!

Love a pair of Bristol's! The list of kits i have that would fit into this GB is extensive!

Beaufighter (Multiple)

Blenheim (Multiple)

Buckingham

Brigand

Buckmaster

Various paper and proposed aircraft

And that's just the ones with propellers....

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Muddyf said:

Count me in!

Love a pair of Bristol's! The list of kits i have that would fit into this GB is extensive!

Beaufighter (Multiple)

Blenheim (Multiple)

Buckingham

Brigand

Buckmaster

Various paper and proposed aircraft

And that's just the ones with propellers....

12 hours ago, Nick Belbin said:

I think I should join in on this one also, please.

Nick

10 hours ago, stevehnz said:

On the grounds this isn't likely to happen till next year, I think I'll throw my hat into the ring too. :)

Steve.

Welcome to the party everyone!

@Muddyf what’s not to love about Bristol’s! 😃 looks like you have a strong list!

Rob

On 10/6/2019 at 1:58 AM, bull-nut said:

Count me in on this one please. Living just a short distance from BAC's Filton site, I feel I would be remiss if I didn't enter something.

I have an Airfix Blenheim 1 and F2.b in the stash

Like the shout on the F2.b , I’ve never built ww1 stuff as it’s so tiny and so much rigging, also just not completely my bag.... but having seen the one at Duxford (I’m sure it was there) the F2.b is one that could convince me to give it a go!

Rob

• 3 weeks later...
19 hours ago, JOCKNEY said:

Come on everyone this deserves to make the list for 2020.

Lets delve deep in the stash for a suitable candidate and get your name down without further delay 

Thank you !

Everybody has a couple of Bristols! Surely! 

it would be great to get this through for 2020, but it’s cutting it fine!

Rob

• Haha 1