Bristol Aeroplane Company GB Chat

I said don't do it!!!!!  :fight:

I'm a bit concerned.  The Beaufighter kit I have is the only one left in The Stash.   I was convinced there were about half a dozen left, but when I consider the number of Beaufighters I've built over the past few years, that's clearly not so.  :fraidnot:  :shrug:  

• Like 3

Enzo if you go shopping make sure you don't pay what I did for my Revell Beaufighter IF kit. $146.00 NZ  dollar. I missed the fact I was looking at US dollar price until it was too late.

• Sad 4

Didn’t realise this one was starting so soon. Eek, my plan;

1. finish off the Alcock and Oertz for the anything but injection GB both about 90% done

2. finish off the Flivver and the GeeBee for the Unarmed GB both very near complete.

3. Get stuck into my eleven 109s for the Me109STGB. Not a lot done at all

4. Work on the four little jets; almost ready for paint and albatross; about 60% done, for the less than a tenner GB.

5. Park anything else.

6. Build a Brisfit and a Scout F for this GB.

Simple ey…

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, Marklo said:

Didn’t realise this one was starting so soon. Eek, my plan;

1. finish off the Alcock and Oertz for the anything but injection GB both about 90% done

2. finish off the Flivver and the GeeBee for the Unarmed GB both very near complete.

3. Get stuck into my eleven 109s for the Me109STGB. Not a lot done at all

4. Work on the four little jets; almost ready for paint and albatross; about 60% done, for the less than a tenner GB.

5. Park anything else.

6. Build a Brisfit and a Scout F for this GB.

Simple ey…

You look very much in your comfort zone there, sometimes you should try and push yourself, you know, set yourself a challenge  :whistle:

• Haha 4

I've just taken my Valom Brigand B.1 kit from The Stash and put it on The Ledge. 

I've had a quick look at it.  The wings have no locating tabs - just a large flat area on the wing roots.  The fins also have no locating tabs.  They have a tiny flat area which looks like it is going to cause some major problems.  The spinners do not have any locating holes for the airscrew blades.  These have to be drilled out.  And of course, there is the usual lack of location pins for the fuselage halves. 

It's going to be a bit of a challenge.  Looking forward to it!!!  :thumbsup: 

• Haha 3

I think my Oertz ( I’m really surprised I haven’t got more cheap jokes out of that one eg a kick in the Oertz etc, hmmm) is more than challenging at the moment :) 

resized_985b50dd-a9de-4742-8e8b-efc29c65Three wings on only one more to go….

• Like 2

Im a bit shocked not as many build threads as I expected ? I personally had hoped to fo the triumvirate of Blenheim, Beaufort, & Beaufighter. However there hasn't been much oppurtunity for the Beauforts this side of the pond yet. And the Blenheim’s have been sold out for awhile. Probably a good thing in the end as Im overstretched budget wise currently. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Im a bit shocked not as many build threads as I expected ? I personally had hoped to fo the triumvirate of Blenheim, Beaufort, & Beaufighter. However there hasn't been much oppurtunity for the Beauforts this side of the pond yet. And the Blenheim’s have been sold out for awhile. Probably a good thing in the end as Im overstretched budget wise currently. 

I do have a Sanger Beaufort in the stash, "Calm the laughter and gufflaws please..." if I can dig it out I would like to join this build if I may. I've already torn most of my hair out with a Sanger Oxford on the anything but injection GB. So in for a penny in for a pound and see if I can tear out the rest.:deadhorse: Besides everyone knows I'm certifiable anyways.

• Like 3

On 6/4/2021 at 6:53 PM, Enzo Matrix said:

I'm struggling over my choice for a Beaufighter build.  My options are a Mk.X in the rare Coastal Command white scheme, a wartime RAAF Mk.21 in overall foliage green or a post war RAAF TT.21.   And before you all attempt to hoist me by my own petard, can I point out that I also intend to build a Blenheim, Beaufort and Brigand as well. :bleh: 

All from The Stash!    :thumbsup:  

Missed this one Enzo…. White costal command all the way!

Rob

19 hours ago, LorenSharp said:

I do have a Sanger Beaufort in the stash, "Calm the laughter and gufflaws please..." if I can dig it out I would like to join this build if I may. I've already torn most of my hair out with a Sanger Oxford on the anything but injection GB. So in for a penny in for a pound and see if I can tear out the rest.:deadhorse: Besides everyone knows I'm certifiable anyways.

If it it wasn’t for the ICM announcement (and obviously dependant on shape etc) then I’d grab the Sanger (plus Tamiya Beaufighter). 

Following with interest when you start,

Interested follower, Bristol...

On 6/8/2021 at 7:46 AM, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Im a bit shocked not as many build threads as I expected ?

Me too, perhaps the timing is not quite right, however its still early days so hopefully more will follow. I’ve now declared my hand, however have missed a few excellent GB’s of late due to other commitments. I’m sure (and hope) we’ll see more of Bristol’s excellent aircraft as this GB progresses. 

Cheers.. Dave 

• Like 2

I will be joining this later, I still have a few GB's in progress, but when I do join it will be with the Libramodels vacform Bristol Scout. It has white metal parts and transfers too! I am really looking forward to the time I can start.

Ray

• Like 2

Commitment made! After seeing the many Blenheims and Beaufighters signed up on here being built by people much more skilled than I, I decided to go for something a bit off piste. To that end I’ve  pulled a Revell Bristol F2b out of the stash. Now on the hunt for some nicer markings as the kit offerings are a bit bland. See you all on Saturday!

• Like 2

names:

@bristol boy,@CedB,@Aeronut,@Ray S ,@Rob G, @rio,@zebra, @theplasticsurgeon@Col.

, @AdrianMF@JOCKNEY@Torbjorn@TEMPESTMK5@Jinxman@DaveyGair@CliffB@dnl42, @bootneck@Muddyf@Nick Belbin@bull-nut@Paul Bradley@Hockeyboy76, @MarkSH, @825, @Arniec, @John D.C. Masters 

just a gentle reminder to the names on the original list, that this starts on Saturday 😃. Sorry if you have already popped up a post or I have missed any names it’s just from the list for the first 30 that signed up.

cheers all

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Hello @rob85, thank you for the reminder, sadly life is keeping me away from the workbench so it's unlikely I'll be able to participate :( Sure you'll have an impressive turn-out regardless and plenty great models going on :) 

• Like 1

Good afternoon Rob

I know I have  signed  for this Gb I will do my best but I am really not sure  that I will have enough time to build something  ..

As often there are too much very interesting GBs at the same time .

Have fun

Best regards

Patrice

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, TEMPESTMK5 said:

Good afternoon Rob

I know I have  signed  for this Gb I will do my best but I am really not sure  that I will have enough time to build something  ..

As often there are too much very interesting GBs at the same
time .

Have fun

Best regards

Patrice

Yes ditto :(

And the Bristol Scout I bought for this was sent to the wrong address (mine, but in wrong country... ).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rob85 said:

just a gentle reminder to the names on the original list, that this starts on Saturday 😃. Sorry if you have already popped up a post or I have missed any names it’s just from the list for the first 30 that signed up.

Back home on Saturday after helping no. 1 son with first home - I'll get a placeholder in then whilst I try and finish my BMW in the ABI GB... 🙂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Col. said:

Hello @rob85, thank you for the reminder, sadly life is keeping me away from the workbench so it's unlikely I'll be able to participate :( Sure you'll have an impressive turn-out regardless and plenty great models going on :) 

1 hour ago, TEMPESTMK5 said:

Good afternoon Rob

As often there are too much very interesting GBs at the same time .

Have fun

Best regards

Patrice

Completely understand fellas! Please still drop by to see the other builds.

30 minutes ago, Torbjorn said:

Yes ditto :(

And the Bristol Scout I bought for this was sent to the wrong address (mine, but in wrong country... ).

That’s frustrating! But I can understand that, maybe not to extent of it going to a different country though!

Rob

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, rob85 said:

@bootneck,

I am quite involved with a couple of builds on the Anything but plastic GB at the moment; however, I shall get something underway once I have those cleared .

cheers,
Mike

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, bootneck said:

I am quite involved with a couple of builds on the Anything but plastic GB at the moment; however, I shall get something underway once I have those cleared .

cheers,
Mike

Cheers Mike!