Bristol Aeroplane Company GB Chat

I think I'm going to change my order of batting for this GB; I had planned to do a Tamiya Beaufighter but due to having to do the liposuction job on the belly I think I'm going to swap my choices to a Revell Beaufighter and at least one Airfix Bleheim mkiv.

• Like 1

I’m like 99% completed on my Airfix Beaufort and am now considering what on earth to tackle next. I could perhaps revisit one of my Self of Doomers,  however we all know thats no fun so another Bristol twin could be certainly on the cards. What are the GB dates for this one again? I can’t seem to find it. 
Cheers.. Dave. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Rabbit Leader said:

I’m like 99% completed on my Airfix Beaufort and am now considering what on earth to tackle next. I could perhaps revisit one of my Self of Doomers,  however we all know thats no fun so another Bristol twin could be certainly on the cards. What are the GB dates for this one again? I can’t seem to find it. 
Cheers.. Dave. 

From 12. June to 3. October... yikes, that´s so soon!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, vppelt68 said:

From 12. June to 3. October... yikes, that´s so soon!

Thanks V.P, thats excellent news.. I always love starting a new model on my Birthday... the 1/48 Airfix Blenheim has just been elevated up the build queue. 

Cheers.. Dave

• Haha 2

I´m not sure if I can commit myself to this one, fortunately, there´s not a single eligible kit in my stash either. If I go crazy :bangin: I will shop for a 1:72 Blenheim Mk. I and Finnish decals for it (you guessed it, they along a set of masks are already waiting just one click away at a hobbystore :whistle:)

• Haha 2

I would like to put my hand up with a 1/48 Beaufighter nightfigher. I was thinking of matching Daves Blenheim, but this is quite a short time limit for a twin. Pity the ICM Beaufort isn't released in time.

• Like 1

On 5/23/2021 at 11:51 AM, JOCKNEY said:

Just found a Frog Blenheim in the stash, now, much as I'm tempted to build the RAF one, there is the option of a Finnish one on skis ! :hmmm:

Would @vppelt68 ever speak to me again if I didn't make the right decision ?

A Blenheim on skis, yes please!

yes this IS the 12th of June isn’t it!! Where the hell did the time go, it’s nearly June now! And I’ve just started two 4 engined bombers and haven’t finished my bi planes... I feel I didn’t think enough about timings!

I’m still planning on two for this, hopefully both malta based. Beaufort from airfix and a beaufighter from Hase (vi I think??).

I should start getting prepared really as I’m hosting it!

Rob

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, rob85 said:

I should start getting prepared really as I’m hosting it!

Rob

Its great that you are going to lead us all by example, with absolutely no pressure to overachieve, by building more than anyone else etc   :wicked:

Cheers Pat

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, JOCKNEY said:

Its great that you are going to lead us all by example, with absolutely no pressure to overachieve, by building more than anyone else etc   :wicked:

Cheers Pat

Cheers Pat, I feel much better now 😂

• Haha 2

I just ordered a Revell 1/48 Beaufighter IF for this build. I always wanted to do an early Beaufighter nightfigher after reading about one of the RAF's best Nightfigher aces when I was a lot younger. I stumbled on this relatively new kit when I was looking for masks. It is supposed to arrive on the 14th of June.  Cross fingers.....

• Like 1

Is it still possible to join this GB? I have a Blenheim with special Finnish markings from an SBS sheet that I need an excuse to build, and I may pick up a Bristol 138 as well.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Tweener said:

Is it still possible to join this GB? I have a Blenheim with special Finnish markings from an SBS sheet that I need an excuse to build, and I may pick up a Bristol 138 as well.

It certainly is @Tweener. You can join anytime whilst the GB dates are still open, although make sure you give yourself enough time to actually build your kit! 

Enzo (GB Moderator) will normally open up the GB about a week prior to its starting date. At this point  you can start your GB threads and declare your builds, however can't make an 'official' start until the GB start date ticks over. 

Cheers and I hope this helps.. Dave 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Greg Law said:

Pat

When are we going to see this GB go up on current GB's? 

I believe it’s usually around seven days prior to start Greg, so that’s the 5th of June by my calendar. Looks like you’re eager to get going? 
Cheers. Dave 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Greg Law said:

Pat

Hi Greg

Actually our Host is @rob85, who I'm sure along with the "Robettes" will have all this under control.

This is yet another GB that has sneaked up on me, must get some of my other builds finished first !

Cheers Pat 

• Like 2

Any GB is not the same without your presence @JOCKNEY, so hopefully you can get a build or two finished and join us here. Actually, I’ve abstained from quite a few GB’s lately as I was in a similar place not finishing anything. Funnily enough my recent completion was a Beaufort, so I’m all ripe for another Bristol twin while the motivation is high. 
Cheers.. Dave 

• Thanks 1

On 6/3/2021 at 2:05 AM, Greg Law said:

Rob

Hi Greg, as the guys have said it should be going up soon. I’ll get a message from enzo asking me to add a rules section to the GB and then it can be published very soon.

Rob

• Thanks 1

On 03/06/2021 at 13:44, Rabbit Leader said:

I believe it’s usually around seven days prior to start Greg, so that’s the 5th of June by my calendar. Looks like you’re eager to get going? 
Cheers. Dave 

Yes Dave. For some reason I'm very keen to do this one. It reminds me of my younger days when I read the book. I can still see the picture I had in my mind when I was reading it.

• Like 2

Thought I was in for this already.

Ill be building a coastal command rcaf beaufighter tf.x

Got lots of goodies for this and two tamiya boxing’s.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Greg Law said:

Sorry Pat. I realized my mistake as soon as I posted the question and changed the name to Rob, but it didn't update.

Fixed it.

All good mate :like:

I'm being called Steve on one of my builds at the moment so it must be something I'm doing !

Looking forward to this one.

Finished 1 build in the Unarmed GB yesterday, should get the other one finished today.

That leaves the Stirling, tractor and bomb trolleys in the under a tenner GB, 2 x 109s in the 109 STGB to focus on.

However with builds in this GB, the Hellcat STGB and French Fancy GB it's going to be hectic  ! :frantic:

No one to blame but me !

Cheers Pat

• Haha 3

I'm struggling over my choice for a Beaufighter build.  My options are a Mk.X in the rare Coastal Command white scheme, a wartime RAAF Mk.21 in overall foliage green or a post war RAAF TT.21.   And before you all attempt to hoist me by my own petard, can I point out that I also intend to build a Blenheim, Beaufort and Brigand as well. :bleh: 

All from The Stash!    :thumbsup:  

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Enzo Matrix said:

And before you all attempt to hoist me by my own petard, can I point out that I also intend to build a Blenheim, Beaufort and Brigand as well. :bleh: 

All from The Stash!    :thumbsup:  

As if we would.......

ALL TOGETHER NOW  !

BUILD

• Haha 1