1/72 - Dassault Mirage IIIB by Modelsvit - released

Homebee

1 minute ago, Gene K said:

Yes, definitely impatient! But then, it's only been one year and seven months since the SH announcement ... but who's counting?

Gene K

A Special Hobby Fan

That's pretty good, I think was at least two years between them announcing the Super Mystère and me getting my grubby mitts on it, so you've really got another five months before you should start getting your knickers in a twist.

@Work in Progress, one French and one Israeli NMF scheme.

Lets hope the decal sheet suppliers see an opportunity to produce a sheet or two for this kit.  The original SAAF NMF 816 with the red flash down the fuselage and red tail spring to mind.

Cheers, Zhizhou

• Like 3

Hello,

I'm looking forward to this ... Unfortunately one point Modelsvit didn't capture right: Judging from the sprue pictures the main gear strut and wheel are from the IIIE and not IIIC or B. See picture below what I mean. To my knowledge all IIIB's had IIIC legs and wheels, the exception were the fiour Swiss IIIBS which were actually IIIS with a IIIB front fuselage. Wheel size is the same, the IIIE had a different brake drum arrangement.

spacer.png

Regards,

Martin

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, MVW said:

Judging from the sprue pictures the main gear strut and wheel are from the IIIE and not IIIC or B. See picture below what I mean. To my knowledge all IIIB's had IIIC legs and wheels, the exception were the fiour Swiss IIIBS which were actually IIIS with a IIIB front fuselage. Wheel size is the same, the IIIE had a different brake drum arrangement.

spacer.png

I also see a different, thicker and thinner wing main wheel bay cover on the You photo, of course, as I understand is this difference not in the model?

Despite the fact that I am not interested in two-seater modifications, this difference will be taken into account when Modelsvit developing the C modification.

B.R.

Serge

16 hours ago, MVW said:

Hello,

I'm looking forward to this ... Unfortunately one point Modelsvit didn't capture right: Judging from the sprue pictures the main gear strut and wheel are from the IIIE and not IIIC or B. See picture below what I mean. To my knowledge all IIIB's had IIIC legs and wheels, the exception were the fiour Swiss IIIBS which were actually IIIS with a IIIB front fuselage. Wheel size is the same, the IIIE had a different brake drum arrangement.

Thank you for noticing  - I believe you refer to pics of test shots, so let's hope Modelsvit have included IIIC legs in the mean time. If not, that would be a tad of a disappointment. The legs can be modified to something resembling the C leg, but the wheels cannot, at least not easily - thankfully Reskit make resin IIIC wheels - though if I'd accompany a Modelsvit purchase with Reskit wheels, at the end of the day we're left with an expensive package all things considered. We'll see. The IIIB is my favorite version of any Mirage so really looking forward to this.

Jay

1 hour ago, Wez said:

What's the surface detail like on the B model, have they done away with the divots?

If so, I could be interested.

Please allow me to have you answer yourself 😁:

On 4/29/2020 at 8:56 PM, Wez said:

It's not covered in divots!  I could be tempted

So no divots - 👍 Jay

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Homebee changed the title to 1/72 - Dassault Mirage IIIB (new variant) by Modelsvit - released
  • Homebee changed the title to 1/72 - Dassault Mirage IIIB by Modelsvit - released