PK-413 Matchbox Chinook HC1 …

Indeed

I do have the Italeri ones to draw upon but in fact have already chosen to use the resin ones here

Alan the S-61N is in a period of enforced fallow so there are only two models extant   :(  Think Billy Connolley but at the heid not the feetses

For now but the Wokka has been so preplanned and is fruit of copying some of what Si did in 35th scale that I can gallop apace with this 'un

• Like 4

Great pictures Andy, I couldnt ask for better

I kinda wish I was doing Green, Grey and Black but I want to do her in the more up-to date Green scheme however I believe I have pictures of 714 in the later scheme so she is likely to be my topic

I have had to - (no I didn't but I needed to do something more realistic with the u/c legs) so I have been rebuilding the rear gear bays

And mixing up that greenish primer kind of internals colour for the visible but out of sight places like up in the pylon, now opened to view so I could show the ribbing

Hence this view of a partially rebuilt wheel bay

P1010461-1.jpg

Ah well, The Brewhouse beckons...

• Like 10

Matchbox + Perdu = fascination³

What a splendid meeting of techniques:

On 7/17/2019 at 4:41 PM, perdu said:

Seen here in the guise of a switch panel up in the roof

P1010450-1.jpg

I was going to say:

On 7/18/2019 at 5:44 PM, hendie said:

dang it Bill - you're almost up to Ced-Speed with this build! 

but, well, that says it all really!  Bravo!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

The Matchbox Chinook, what memories!

Built one when they first came out too. A real monster of a helicopter, especially with those rotors dominating everything else on my display shelf.

The one thing that particularly stands out after all these years is that decal sheet. I wonder if the folk at Modeldecal had a hand in it? The stencil detail was amazing, you can even read the text if I remember correctly. 

• Like 1

I firmly believe that a chap cannot possibly have too many photographs, so would be delighted to have them Andy thanks

At present I am attempting to make a ceiling which can be slipped in place before the closure

P1010476.jpg

And finishing the boxing in of the gear bay ready for building the trailing arms and shock tubes

Now to work out the seats

How many each side and try to find a flat image I can scan

I will have the stepped box up front which it seems are used to stow straps and hold downs for cargo, it'ld be nice to see inside one but as it is going to be a far up front as I can put  it it may not matter

• Like 6

No, it's unpainted, aside from the Aircraft letters. BG.

I borrowed it to get into the attic of the quarter at Church Crookham.

In the confusion of moving, it followed us up to Scampton.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

I knew this thread had to be out there somewhere. I just had to find it!

Fantastic Bill! I don't know how you do these things in this scale. The corridor to the cockpit, the ribs at the rear end, the soundproofing. It turns, what appears to be a very basic effort by Matchbox, into something delightful.

Wrt the seats, my 1/48 attempt has, from cockpit to rear door, 5 groups of 3 seats and one at the end.

If you go for the minigun option, I think this means the forward most set of seats is removed to allow room for the minigun when it's swung back into the aircraft. 

Crack on!

• Thanks 1

Guys thanks for the encouragement, Chris if I can turn the Itacrapi miniguns into some thing like I will other wise I might fill 'er up with kit of some sort

Let's face it, there is enough inspiration in simmerit's big Wokka for a lifetime of tinywokkas

Let alone Chris's one

• Like 2

Those photos of BL and EX are brilliant Andy, full of detail and wonderfully sharp, look like they were taken yesterday. Do you have more like that?

Love the green/grey/black scheme so much. I may just have to hunt out a suitable kit and build myself a retro Chinook, 30+ years since my first one.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Much appreciated.

So important that good clear reference photos are taken when the opportunity is there. May seem nothing special to some at the time, but all these years later that represent a resource impossible to recapture.