PK-413 Matchbox Chinook HC1 …

Waow !! Super detailled seats, Bill !!

Don't forget that the load master pose a pair of ear plugs on each seat....

For the next bunch of infantry man...

Well... Okay, I get out...:whistle:

Congrats Dear colleague !! That's detailling !!

Sincerely.

CC

• Thanks 1

On 8/6/2019 at 11:51 AM, perdu said:

Hmm

Maybe she wasn't keen on sitting sideways on in a coach that moved vertically, sideways and forward all at the same time

When I flew in Wokka courtesy of the United States Army it beat travelling on bumpy tracks in one of Unca Sam's deuce-and-half which took us from Deb's Airlines Hercybird into the Black Forest

The smooth ride out was a thousand times nicer

Mrs F's list makes me jealous as anything, I can only claim the Chippy and the Herc off that one

But I can add the Bristol Britannia and the Hastings to mine (both marks of Hastings too)

All massively better than suffering the sideways racket in the C-130...

Happy days

Which two marks of Hastings?  C. Mk. 1, C. Mk. 1A, C. Mk. 2, C. Mk. 4 or T. Mk. 5?  I'm lucky enough to have had some all-too-brief) time in the back of the last-mentioned, now in the care of Newark Air Museum.  Thankfully I escaped the tender mercies of the C-130, once described by a friend based at Lyneham as like spending six hours in a metal dustbin with the Sex Pistols.

• Haha 2

As it was from RAF Colerne in about 62 it could have been any of the above I think but both were in Transport Command colours

I remember noticing the different locations of the tailplanes, one low set and the other central to the tail cone

I figured C Mk1 and C Mk2, never allowed for the other versions of what was a very important airframe in the fifties and sixties

Must look out my passenger log in the Cadet's AP

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, corsaircorp said:

Waow !! Super detailled seats, Bill !!

Don't forget that the load master pose a pair of ear plugs on each seat....

For the next bunch of infantry man...

Well... Okay, I get out...:whistle:

Congrats Dear colleague !! That's detailling !!

Sincerely.

CC

I am going to have enough to do when I add the little tube to the starboard side wall, which some soldiers might think is the standby intercom device

Earplugs?

Gerroutofit!

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, perdu said:

I am going to have enough to do when I add the little tube to the starboard side wall, which some soldiers might think is the standby intercom device

Earplugs?

Gerroutofit!

You mean the so called convenience tube ?? :whistle:

CC

Could be...

I got the Hastings tailplane position wrong the first I flew in was TG607 a C Mk1 with the higher tailplane position, above the centre cone

The other one was WD485 a C Mk2 which had the centrally positioned tailplane

TG607 was a 1hr25min flight on 22/8/62 and WD485 was ten minutes longer on 23/8/62, ah the pleasures of being an ATC cadet in the sixties huh

My first Chippy flight was on the 18/8/62 at Colerne **303, explains why I didnt 'quite' think no 1 had been our more local AEF at Shawbury

Two days later it was welcome to the number four rifle Cadet M

This is the bolt...

• Like 1

Scale creep in action

This set of steps is too big, but I think salvable

P1010524.jpg

I will trim it down sideways tomorrow, should be OK and it will give me a chance to reduce its height a bit too

Not far off methinks

P1010522.jpg

I've started fixing the seats in, the base is in situ and the straps are being sorted tomorrow too so the ones hanging in front of the exits can be left hanging behind the seat back panels as in the real thang

The sharp eyed will notice I haven't added the latches to the straps yet, also tomorrow before I take a ride to Park Royal in the afternoon to visit the Ace Cafe Classic cars night

So no posting tomorrow afternoon

ciao

• Like 8

Those seats look damn good!

I never did go to the Ace Cafe, although quite a few of my mates did. Racing on the streets, round the roundabout and back, never did appeal to my slightly more sane side. Although I knew one chap who used to tell of his escapades doing it on his NorVin! (You may know the name Brian Lecomber...., twas he!)

Those were the days...

Ian

31 minutes ago, limeypilot said:

Those seats look damn good!

I never did go to the Ace Cafe, although quite a few of my mates did. Racing on the streets, round the roundabout and back, never did appeal to my slightly more sane side. Although I knew one chap who used to tell of his escapades doing it on his NorVin! (You may know the name Brian Lecomber...., twas he!)

Those were the days...

Ian

I may know the name?

I am the proud owner of some of his brilliant flying adventure novels

'Turn Killer' a fabulous read

• Like 1

Good job I am not on a deadline, lost all day yesterday but didn't make it to the Ace..

Exhaust decided to become 'a consumable' and got munched up by the M40

AA did their usual brilliant job, whisked me off the hard shoulder to Frankley Services where their lad Andy helped get me back in a roadworthy condition

By then I had lost too much travelling time, not travelling, so I came home instead

Time to examine new 'xsorst systems today possibly...

• Sad 4

1 hour ago, Ex-FAAWAFU said:

Bad luck, Bill.  

Airborne in 1962, you say?  Respect!  Even an old git like me was only 3

I was a little sweaty handed sitting in front of a grizzled old veteran in the little Chippy, getting that exciting lurch as the sky varied in thickness and I was looking down on England's green and pleasant

But the flight was over far too soon and I have been addicted ever since

Just as happy in gliders, not sure why I didnt keep it up

Idleness, availability of 'birds' and interest in music took over then

Then poverty reigned...

:(

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, perdu said:

Just as happy in gliders, not sure why I didnt keep it up

Don't get me started on gliders, loved my time in those, from 1968 through to 1971, very happy days!

Terry

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ex-FAAWAFU said:

Airborne in 1962, you say?  Respect!  Even an old git like me was only 3

Steady on Crisp! I was 8 in 1962 and if you're an old git what does that make me? No, don't answer that… :D 

37 minutes ago, perdu said:

But the flight was over far too soon and I have been addicted ever since

I know what you mean Bill. I've got 'the hankering' again and I must get airborne again soon.

Gliders? As you say, too much competition for the time.

Light something? Maybe - could pop down to Thruxton or Old Sarum before it shuts. They usually fly you if you wave your wallet about.

There IS a microlight training school that's very close - might try that.

• Like 2