PK-413 Matchbox Chinook HC1 …

Hi Toby, once I have the rotor head together I intend looking into the joints and induce a blade twist such as the blades on the above wokka pictures

I will probably cut off each blade from the hinges and drill them for Albion alloys tube that can act as pivots and swivels

That is a few years away yet, judging by how I slow down the further into a build I get   ;)

The rotor joints might get all star treatment if I think they need it, we'll see

• Like 1

I know I promised to sit quietly and watch Bill, but your attention to detail has raised this to the next level stunning work sir!

Had to be said

Roger

• Haha 1

Roger mate I would never want you to sit quietly at the bar

Sing when you know the words

Argue when Tomo says summat you disagree with

And shout at me when I drop the ball

I build 'in public' like this so I can learn from my mistakes as well as steal hints from the experts

Thanks for your too kind words

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

You lot

You all work together dontcha

Here I am quietly rumbling along planning to make a reasonably up-to-date HC2 or 4 Wokka and then in pops Andy with his on-the-spot live action shots of 7sqn birds, back in the day

Grey

Green

And black when I was going in for the lovely Olive Green look, so very 'in vogue' this season

I was planning miniguns and a ramp gun, for effect and to confine my Itacra...Italeri one to the bin

Then on Sunday, He came to club

The deity that is Tomoshenko and puts his fifteen bob's worth in

" You know I'm going to pitch in with the nit picking and general being a (expurgated words here) pain in the b..."

The upshot is that I am a poor broken down old man, yes the PK-413 will be green, grey and black

And now I have to consider whether to risk my sanity attempting yet another Italacopter

I am looking into making the MH-47 as an HC3

In Olive Green, I have to really

Hannants have posted me the transfers which ought to arrive by Thursday...

😕

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Resistance is futile bill. You know it makes sense. I mean just look at it:

On 7/21/2019 at 7:00 PM, andyf117 said:

spacer.png

spacer.png

What's not to like?

Plus...

On 7/21/2019 at 6:57 PM, andyf117 said:

spacer.png

Plenty of extra detail to add :devil:

• Haha 1

Fate mate. Fate. The Universe and the modelling gods have sent a sign. Plus aunt Polly Gray from Peaky Blinders saw it in  my tea leaves too.You know what to do...😀

Now a fresh quandary

The secret squirrel airframe is the least cluttered interior I ever saw on a Chinny, assuming the one with interior views is she

All of my remodelling will be wasted

But however if I do the commemorative one the ANL/Q Thingy bracket needs to be empty whilst I have some beautiful ANL/Q units to use on the Chinooks

Got to find a suitable blue for roundel blue which Dick Ward said to use for the tail colour

Busy day

• Like 2

My decision is made Andy, want a special scheme Wokka?

I am making a 'standard scheme' one in gn/gy/bk and the olive green one as the pointynose version so I shan't need the MD one

I think I need brain training, I have been studying etch making with a view to doing 1/72 scale troop seating 

Even bought some OHP film ready to learn how

But all I really need is paper ones to glue after painting

Back to the drawing board

Maybe find someone who can convert my files with one of those silhouette cutters, has to be less of a faff

• Like 1

In the mean time

P1010479.jpg

Three down, some to go

I have been using my 1mm chisel to trim into the seat back

It cuts the small edges nicely when the scalpel always seems likely to overcut into the next strap

P1010480.jpg

ciao

• Like 7

Yes that is plan A, the inkjet colour is nowhere near dense enough for my liking so both sides will be painted

I have lots of acrylic water colour ideal for paper painting

I mean it by the way, if you want the commemorative scheme I will pop it in the post

• Like 1

6 hours ago, perdu said:

Maybe find someone who can convert my files with one of those silhouette cutters, has to be less of a faff

If you want me to have a bash Bill email me the design and I'll see what I can do! :) 

• Thanks 1

I wonder

Can one work slowly, apace?

Anyway work has occurred but relatively slowly on minutiae

The engineering panel which lives aloft within the nestling safety of the upper rear framework was cribbed from a dissertation on the Wokka which has yielded many a detail to suit

Amongst its many functions is entrusted steering the rear wheels and I believe operating brakes

I have seen this as a decal on larger models, unfortunately it isnt offered in either the Eduard or Airwaves etch sets but after cribbing the said picture set I managed to upload the image into Paint Shop Pro recently added to my imagery armoury

I worked on the image and made an image that was imported into Word and dropped into the sheet I am designing for the H-19 to be manipulated to a suitable size

This size

P1010484.jpg

With the addition of a few of these the H-19's decal sheet is almost ready to be printed ready for the paint job

This later, elsewhere if I get time to chat about it

Also I have been suffering seats for soldiers

My printer has not been producing a dense enough red for my eye so I retrieved a bottle of Scarlet Reeves Waterproof Drawing Ink from my back history of about forty years ago and dyed the paper I printed the images of the troop seats on

P1010481.jpg

Not yet certain that this will do but I have tackled some more of these seats

P1010485.jpg

A major drawback is the black lines on the image still show after trimming the seats out

P1010486.jpg

I was hoping not to have to paint the seats from the sheets but now I fear it has joined the ranks of the inevitable...

Oh well

It looks as if another approach is required

• Like 5