PK-413 Matchbox Chinook HC1 …

I am very impressed, bet you noticed, with the acrylic versions from Humbrol

If I was painting a Jag like yours I'd experiment with browning it up a little, like I had to do when I used Tamiya paints on my Jags for the dark green

Well worth a go at a quid and a bit per pot

Well should get into the garage in a bit to touch in, then I can gloss over things for a short while

• Like 4

Love the way those seats show up through the windows Bill. I know it's  the flash making them seem so prominent but nonetheless it  gives a great sense of presence about the inner details peeking out like that. 

Who knew a Chinook could be coquettish? 😁

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

To be fair Ben it was always a kit I rated very highly and felt it was worth a bit of love

Quite pleased how it is shaping up

Tony the seats show up reasonably without the flash too, just a few points of tidying to prepare there

• Like 1

Your Mum made potato chinooks and they were green?  Scots cuisine at its very best; I assume they were deep fried at some stage?  Perhaps two or three times like those “twice-cooked soufflés” and “triple-cooked chips” you get in poncey gastrojoints.

• Haha 8

Douglas Adams permanently ruined any chance that I would take the phrase “for your comfort and convenience” about 40 years ago.

“Other civilisations will evolve.  There will be lemon-scented napkins.  Until then you will be kept in a state of suspended animation for your comfort and convenience...”

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

What Tony said Bill. But I also like the upshot of the rear (no double entendre or rude euphemisms intended...fnnar fnnar)

23 hours ago, perdu said:

15754764128527237544125361958661.jpg

An assortment of greeblies

And standing on our own four feet

15754765599144893646463607774028.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 12/4/2019 at 7:40 PM, perdu said:

15754765599144893646463607774028.jpg

So I'm looking at this pic, and thinking something doesn't seem quite right - and realise that it's the sponson-mounted dispenser in black that's the offending item...

....no, methinks, that should be green or grey, to match the camouflage - so I nip back to take a peek at the girls on page three - and sure enough, green and grey...

....then I go to page two, and EX herself - wait a minute, uncovered, but black, and same on page 18, uncovered again, but black! Who knew? Well, you, obviously...

• Haha 6

'Working out' for the Secret Squirrel logo

On clear and on white transfer paper

The clear makes the bare grey very dark but of course the white gives lighter colours (and in this instance shows me I need to make the logos even lighter) but the background colours will need to be filled in with corresponding colours

Or painting the outlines in Humbrol

IMG-20191208-WA0002.jpg

By the way, this isn't a Wokka

• Like 3
  • Haha 2