PK-413 Matchbox Chinook HC1 …

Thanks Andy, not a worry

Hannants will provide.

I have been concerned(?)

Yes concerned, at the absence of lo-viz roundels in my collection so I took advantage and ordered some as well as a refill of the black post war serials set

On their way as soon as...

• Like 2

Ah, OK - in that case, I'll put the ones I just dug out back into their folder, then...

....measured those on the Matchbox and Airfix kits sheets, and found they're 27in...

....exactly matching the wing roundels on the old Airfix RA Hawk sheet - of which I have many!

• Like 1

Ah well, as I do have the need  there is nothing lost this time however thanks for looking

Next time maybe huh

I do actualy have a pair of (two pairs) the right diameter ones sitting here but they are Fujimi ones for a Harrrier GR3 and the red centres are Bright/ Post Office Red not the darker colour I want for MY model

They look daft alongside the model

• Like 1

No worries, as always, happy to assist if I can...

....it's consoling to see it's not just me currently having 'issues' with a build - I revived my 2015 Sea King STGB UH-3H, and slowly been working on it for a couple of months...

....and been fighting it on-and-off throughout - both undercarriage units broke in multiple places, one after fitting into the sponson...

....and the brittle plastic has meant both the forward edge and upper section around the opened crew door have broken off twice each...

....and earlier today, whilst attaching the main glazing, I managed to push it down into the cockpit and shattered both resin seat assemblies!

So a 'roundel hunt' actually proved a welcome brief distraction, in lieu of an expletive-ridden count to 10 through gritted teeth!

• Sad 3

3 minutes ago, perdu said:

Undercarriage?

Don't talk to me about undercarriage...

I could use the phrase 'alighting gear' in future, should you prefer! :rofl:

4 minutes ago, perdu said:

A good job I have two Chinooks to cannibalise

I recently discovered I'd previously miscounted, and actually have seven...

....but only one set of Equipage wheels - so a decision will be necessary...:hmmm:

• Like 2

On 12/12/2019 at 3:39 PM, perdu said:

Putting on the stickers is often time for reflection and I have been characteristically reflecterating.

bill_stickers_is_innocent_mini_button.jp

The 'nookie's coming along v. handsomely Bill in the final furlong. As for respraying - at least you haven't had to find a way to clean a greasy butter fingerprint off of your camo (don't ask me how I know..) :facepalm:

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Always use Utterly Butterly whereupon no possible smearage of butter can contaminate painty surfaces

(Thinks: is this a potential slogan for DairyCrest? Should I write to them offering my offering for a commercially viable fee?)

((I'll stop this here, it has echoes of the voice-over from my favourite tv show Soap))

• Haha 7

Contain away. Frequently

Crisp's rheumy old eye misread that wonder of aeronautical rotarianship, the Belvedere for an as yet to my recollection unavailable 1/72 scale Beverley

I fear that a Beverley in the gentleman's scale is to remain unforthcoming

Unless I decide upon a new scratch built project 

Hmm, give me a year or so to think about it, did  I read that the wings were common to another British icon?

Or was that only the Belfast borrowing wings from the delightful Bristle Britannica?

Who knows?

Not I but I repeat, B E L V E D E R E .

You saw it here first

• Haha 5

2 hours ago, andyf117 said:

To my eye, it looks like the 7 is slightly off-kilter...

....they're tricky little blighters sometimes, sevens...

They are aren't they

I am dealing with that though, just printed ZA714 in a couple of sample sizes on clear dec film and when varnish coat two is dry I will be able to drop it on in perfect register

Printer's heaven, perfect register

Kerned proper too, proper job

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, perdu said:

I fear that a Beverley in the gentleman's scale is to remain unforthcoming

Not counting Contrail/Sanger and Magna, of course...

....a certain retailer from whom you've just purchased has a couple of the Sanger kit in stock...

....just saying! :whistle:

And in the Print Shop maturing

15763253834087375090068512505423.jpg

The serials were prepared using RAF-PF-ATH font in MS Word and for comparison using OpenOffice

Both look good and a decent 'blackness' is achieved in both using non-epson ink

The other sheets carries a few squirrels colour backgrounded to assist laying on the camouflaged colour backgrounds

Now for paint again, time to blow over the overspray

• Like 6

Hi Stuart

I set the paper to Epson photo, to take up the extra thickness of the decal paper

Normally I set narrow margins at the top but haven't bothered this time round

I let my Epson XP-21 summatorother set its own parameters normally and let the WP program loose, as is

This time though on the set on top I asked Word to do a higher grade print on its first page of settings which automatically set photograph as its 'type'

This made the black slightly denser and judging by the photos Andy gave us on pages two through fiveish might just be slightly over deep in tone

Printing decals in Word I use insert to put in photos like the squirrels

I modify any picture colours or additions in either Wordpro or MS Paint

Give it a go

I never do a first print on decal paper either, use A4 copy paper to check out the look of it and sizings

Check first then spend the money next

• Like 4

2 hours ago, andyf117 said:

Not counting Contrail/Sanger and Magna, of course...

....a certain retailer from whom you've just purchased has a couple of the Sanger kit in stock...

....just saying! :whistle:

What he said!

Terry

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

That was the conclusion I came to as well Ian so...

15763397765271156373844457625504.jpg

I employed the old sellotape lift technique and began rectification

15763366849584678279577062821365.jpg

Only the black wobblies to sort next the the MS Word produced serial block will go on

15763253834087375090068512505423.jpg

Namely the middle strip, left end of the serial.

• Like 7

10 hours ago, perdu said:

Hi Stuart

I set the paper to Epson photo, to take up the extra thickness of the decal paper

Normally I set narrow margins at the top but haven't bothered this time round

I let my Epson XP-21 summatorother set its own parameters normally and let the WP program loose, as is

This time though on the set on top I asked Word to do a higher grade print on its first page of settings which automatically set photograph as its 'type'

This made the black slightly denser and judging by the photos Andy gave us on pages two through fiveish might just be slightly over deep in tone

Printing decals in Word I use insert to put in photos like the squirrels

I modify any picture colours or additions in either Wordpro or MS Paint

Give it a go

I never do a first print on decal paper either, use A4 copy paper to check out the look of it and sizings

Check first then spend the money next

Helpful Bill, have started printing some decals myself, but for RAF reg codes, what font have you used?