PK-413 Matchbox Chinook HC1 …

Those seats look great Bill, just wish I had your patience and skills with the small scale details!

Looking forwards to more of the same.

Roger

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, andyf117 said:

Love the fact that your pilots were acquired as 'underwing stores' - now I've a mental picture of redundant aircrew slung under the wings...

Britmodeller strikes again; the hive mind can even identify the provenance of a club a spares box of deformed aircrew!  Love it. 

Redundant aircrew.  Or “Navigators”, as I believe the RAF call them.  

7 hours ago, Martian Hale said:

I have to agree with what others have said, those seats really rock Bill.

Don’t rocking seats rather defeat the object?  I now have a mental picture of young Bill looking steely-eyed at low level in a Chinook...  singing Val Doonican songs in his rocking chair

• Haha 5

46 minutes ago, Ex-FAAWAFU said:

I now have a mental picture of young Bill looking steely-eyed at low level in a Chinook...  singing Val Doonican songs in his rocking chair

Ah those were the days…

• Haha 3

Bit slow on the uptake Bill (sorry) but if any of these are any good for moulds let me know and I'll post 'em over:

48478403986_b1a8c7368a_z.jpg

I also have half a dozen Airfix 'chubbies' if you want them?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CedB said:

Bit slow on the uptake Bill (sorry) but if any of these are any good for moulds let me know and I'll post 'em over:

48478403986_b1a8c7368a_z.jpg

I also have half a dozen Airfix 'chubbies' if you want them?

Ced, are you imagining a Special Forces Op where they are all disguised as a 1980s ska band?

• Haha 11

20 hours ago, Vicarage Vee said:

First guess, Hasegawa Sea Harrier?

Got it in one.  Had a look at my Hase Sea Harrier in the stash (got the Falklands double boxing) and confirm that’s where the little guy originated.

AW

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So now we know where he came from.

Fear not gentles, he now resides in the big box of bombs with his contemporaries.

Thanks for the band offer Ced, but I am not booking a musical event soon!

(I will bear them in mind though but not flying round my ceiling means I do not need to crew the Wokka)

Wanders away quietly singing Mary Hopkin hits "Goodbye..."

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, andyf117 said:

If I Knew Then What I Know Now...

Then I'd know nothing at all. (Shag Conner and the Carrot Crunchers)

Martian 👽

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Seats

Nightmare continued

P1010515.jpg

The underseat braces, my dear lord how many of them are there?

The port row complete and the starboard side will be done today

Then we can have the stepladder...

• Like 9

Good grief Bill, you're really going to town on these seats aren't you? Marvellous stuff.

Making me raise my standards, as usual.

I think I'm up to 'mostly acceptable but often can't be bothered' now, must try harder :D 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Oh dear, d'you think "Too much" Ced?

Was putting lights in the ceiling panel too much too?

The Wokka has had a special spot in my soul which I think explains why I am doing that extra kilometer, to myself.

Not perhaps to others

I know my work is untidy, I can't detail like Steve, Hendie and Crisp and your self, etc but this one needs to satisfy me

It will never please a competition judge so they won't ever see it

And playing with oddball materials is fun, what a great idea using napkin tissue was for the quilting

Now then, whadda ya think, should I miss out the five thousand little brown seat belts for said seating?

😕

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

5 hours ago, perdu said:

Now then, whadda ya think, should I miss out the five thousand little brown seat belts for said seating?

Bill... c'mon now, surely you know the answer to that one!

we're with you all the way

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, perdu said:

Oh dear, d'you think "Too much" Ced?

Not at all, not at all…

I know my work is untidy, I can't detail like Steve, Hendie and Crisp and your self

Not at all, not at all! :) 

I feel honoured to be mentioned in the same comment as the others - too kind Bill, too kind :blush:

The Wokka has had a special spot in my soul

And so it's worth 'the love'. Carry on matey.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, perdu said:

It will never please a competition judge so they won't ever see it

...says the man whose sublime teeny-weeny Wasp won a trophy at Telford.

We are not worthy.

• Like 6

LOL @ Crisp

This one will not be winning trophies, I can state this categorically because it is not going in to a class for assessment.  :)

Those were my days on the bright uplands but I just cannot quite bring myself to the point of letting minor detail abberrances annoy an 'expert' so he (she/it) can feel superior

Anyway, ON with the motley, harlequin!

I have been slowly, oh so very slowly putting the seat belts together for the cabin seating

P1010516.jpg

Each individual seat pan gets its own strap and clasp and the strap fits between each pan and the crossrail so they got poked don between the seats and glued in

(I'm no longer dextrous enough to add a pip pin for each strap, sorry)  :(

Each strap has been made from the thinnest piece of decent quality paper I could find, in this case a receipt from the Dart Valley Railway which was washed in water colour several times so it was thoroughly saturated with colour so it would not have huge white centres that would show on the model after the individual piece was cut out

P1010517.jpg

A couple of ends were left unfastened to show straps that the loadie hasn't restrapped  when he left the aircraft (most pictures show these stowed away tidy like)

With the seat belts in place I needed then to add diagonal straps as originally fitted

these seem to fit down on the same pick up points as the lap straps, on the lower cross rail

P1010519.jpg

And now it is time to check the fit

and get on with the starboard side and then mark in the clasps and fittings with a 0.1 uniPiN fineliner

:(

Anybody seen a stray mojo floating around without a care?

• Like 11