PK-413 Matchbox Chinook HC1 …

3 hours ago, perdu said:

And I will attempt to infiltrate a small nozzle from Henry the garage vacuum into the dust traps behind glass 

That does indeed look excellent but please be careful NOT to suck out all the interior!

Terry

5 hours ago, perdu said:

And I will attempt to infiltrate a small nozzle from Henry...

Just for you Bill, even though I’m trying not to...

Fnaar fnaar snurf :wicked:

• Haha 5

20 hours ago, andyf117 said:

spacer.png

So what’s the round thing on the left?  Baldy’s bowler en route to FOD’ing the engine?  A passing football?  Bored ground crew playing volleyball AGAIN?  Top secret Soviet flying eye-ball?

When you do tackle this one, Andy, you must be sure that you represent that magnificently crumpled array of 1950s gentleman’s suitings and millinery.

Edited by Ex-FAAWAFU
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

11 minutes ago, Ex-FAAWAFU said:

When you do tackle this one, Andy, you must be sure that you represent that magnificently crumpled array of 1950s gentleman’s suitings and millinery.

And the fantastic array of facial hirsuteness

(the spheroid?

My vote Rolls-Royce interrupts yet another Local Derby at The Baseball Ground, Forest were in the ascendant before the machinery blew the ball away.

The game would have been 2-0 Forest even without the intervention )

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Ex-FAAWAFU said:

I shall leave building the contraption to those for whom the bending, shaping, soldering and other manipulations of Albion Alloys tubing knows no bounds...

....'twas merely an idle thought that the Bedivere would fit the size limitations of the Brummagen Beermat Challenge (so long as it was positioned diagonally)...

Edited by andyf117
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Ex-FAAWAFU said:

So what’s the round thing on the left?  Baldy’s bowler en route to FOD’ing the engine?  A passing football?  Bored ground crew playing volleyball AGAIN?  Top secret Soviet flying eye-ball?

Or an early form of Emoji, added by the photo developer, depicting a 'What the bloomin' heck is that?' face...

2 hours ago, perdu said:

(the spheroid?

My vote Rolls-Royce interrupts yet another Local Derby at The Baseball Ground, Forest were in the ascendant before the machinery blew the ball away.

The game would have been 2-0 Forest even without the intervention )

I'm guessing the photo shows a typical-size crowd for a Forest game, then? And who plays football at a baseball ground?

(I know sweet FA about football)

Edited by andyf117
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, andyf117 said:

And who plays football at a baseball ground?

Derby County.  Used to.  

[Though as a Nottinghamian I am duty bound to point out that it bore only a fleeting resemblance to actual football]

• Haha 5

Sort of shows does that, I believe it is possible that Crisp can help you out with that though, ooh look!

I myself was about to ask, was that football that Derby County were playing there?

We West Midlanders had our own opinions, back in the day

• Haha 1

Of course, over in the US it was commonplace - 24 NFL teams shared their stadiums with MLB teams at one time or another...

....the last being the LA (soon to be LV) Raiders, who only a few weeks ago played the final football game at a baseball ground...

But did you see what I did there? FA, football? Oh well, never mind....

Edited by andyf117
  • Haha 1

Re the request over on Ced's thread for interior Belevdere pics, in case you haven't already seen them, there's a couple of small ones here:

http://www.hmfriends.org.uk/hmvrestorbelvxg462.htm?LMCL=ghPb_8

And a couple of pages with other pics here:

http://www.hmfriends.org.uk/restorbelv.htm

Whilst this is just because I found it:

Plus these:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5e-zdYBQF4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EvMHGscxvhc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrtsk8-oXBA

In the absence of photos, there's always:

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just a test entry, nothing exciting except it seems I might be making Win 10 do something I want instead of anything it likes

TEST1

P1010194.jpg

TEST2

P1010195.jpg

Took these on my 'proper' Olympus camera the other week but Win decided to download only what IT LIKED, not these

P11103-3.jpg

This one was stuck inside the Panasonic for two years

After listening to my PC guru (down the pub, where else?) I tried to load these where I wanted them

And it seems to have worked

Now for the next time with live pictures...

OK carry on

• Like 4

The lower pic looks incomplete, Bill - that grey band across the bottom has a stepped top edge, suggesting it either didn't download or upload fully...

I never 'download' pics from the camera using either its supplied or Win10's software - I always take the card out, slot it into the laptop or PC, and transfer the contents directly just like any file from an external drive/USB stick, etc...

....that doesn't work, of course, if pics are stored in the camera's internal memory - then it has to be plugged in to retrieve them!

I'm pretty certain that picture didnt download, just relieved IF it has finally exited the Lumix

my PC doesn't have a card slot and both of my cameras use different sized cards anyway

I will have to see if my little £1 card reader from Poundy will do the trick on both sizes, I am certainly not trusting my 10.1 tablet to handle the images

With a tablet I have already had to reset to factory settings twice because of old age that way lies madness

• Like 1

Oops

15794680264243903927137499675769.jpg

Truly fed up with  this, back burner time whilst I ponder damaged underfloor leg attachments and a catastrophic rotor failure

It may be some time but hopefully the arrival this week of some nickel slide tube will allow a fix to occur as if by magic

I hope...

• Sad 6

Thanks Alan, might be OK

I found a short length of Holy Grail which will fit inside the rotor blade end

For those who do not have the privilege Holy Grail is the really hard Slater's rod in hard red plastic

Slater's no longer produce it, all you can get from them or even Evergreen is fairly soft rodding that has no basic strength

Red Slater's is my Holy Grail and I have enough to fix the rotor blade, praise be!

• Like 8

Wouldn't be giving up if one had cuddles with Kate huh

but fret not

Rotor is fixee

Some wheel legs is on and some aerials have been reinstated

personal bits

I will be away from the disputer and the bench for a few days, hopefully returning in a while

If I stay longer I'll say soz now

ZA714 has been a fun tasking, hope to be back on it soon

• Like 4