PK-413 Matchbox Chinook HC1 …

29 minutes ago, perdu said:

The list dear boy started way back there...

I joined it back in 1978 - and I've still got my original copy of this poster (but with tatty corners from pins and removal of Blu-Tack!):

spacer.png

Edited by andyf117
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

On ‎1‎/‎20‎/‎2020 at 8:47 PM, andyf117 said:

I joined it back in 1978 - and I've still got my original copy of this poster (but with tatty corners from pins and removal of Blu-Tack!):

spacer.png

Why have you got a photo of my girlfriend LOL

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, CedB said:

beautiful chopper models

Back in the '80s, the local ATC squadrons provided Farnborough Air Show's 'manpower' for distributing programmes, brochures and various other items around the trade stands - as well as for the organisers, cadets could also be 'hired' to perform similar duties for exhibitors...

...the cadets had to have staff supervision, of course, and I remember spending considerable amounts of time personally making sure Westland's requirements were taken care of - which, of course, had absolutely nothing to do with the "beautiful chopper models" who'd been hired to man their stand for the week...😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

7 hours ago, Andwil said:

Yeah, I wish I could build models as bad as this.

AW

No

You really don't

Honest, most of the work I am doing now is to restore some kind of order to the mistakes of earlier in the build

:(

true

• Like 1

12 hours ago, perdu said:

I still dislike this with a raw intensity

Sorry Bill but you are being way too hard on yourself. Its turning out to be a very fine model and that's an order from your Martian overlord.

Martian 👽

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

The overlord can speak

I can respect the order but wow, it goes against the grain

I realise I see the grebbits when you all see the model but hey they are my grebbits and I can hate 'em if I want to

Thank you all for helping me get towards the finishing line with this

I can't hardly wait to get started on the Bilvedere...

Grey and Green it will be, so a bit like...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheBaron said:

Do it for Kate Bill.

As above.  So why don't you? It's yours. I would be very proud of a singer with that sound and that lyrics for a country. Inconceivably (Danke Google!) here to write that line for my country in the 80' and now and probably forever (hopefully) :

Edited by bbudde
  • Like 1

A few more fettles have been fettled

P1010218.jpg

Basically Andy Deeley's Airwaves wipers are on now

And the controlling cables for the winch/hoist whatever dooberry

None of the struts in either the Matchbox set nor the Italeri set made sense on the model

P1010212.jpg

The cables are clearer on the first picture, doh...

The struts were mostly from Evergreen 0.020" rodding and after struggling with photos it seems the unit is slightly askew on the real Wokka so I do declare "THIS IS IT!"

The cables were from invisible thread painted in various metal colours to represent the metal-ish look of the real thing

On the left side I have begun playing with the windows

Yeuuukkk

Anyway it is wot it is

P1010213.jpg

It is even less impressive on the blown bubble windows, I promise you

Anyway I am off to have a look at the Bilvedere, should we have a fred of our own?

• Like 9

Bill - she's looking better than good in those photos.  I am looking at the same Chinook as you aren't I?

we can all be our own worst critics at times - didn't you just tell me that over on a Wessex that we must not speak of thread only a week or two ago?   

Keep plugging away - you're almost there.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1