1/32 REVELL GR4 TORNADO

Hi guys I used aires resin cockpit and ejector seats, and engines for this build, with majority of my new favourite paint MRP, the figures are Reed oak of corse.

Just a bit about the build represents

IN FEBRUARY 2015 NUMBER 12 SQUADRON CELEBRATED ITS CENTENARY AND THE MARKINGS APPLIED TO GR.4ZA405 INCLUDING A PANEL LISTING THE UNITS BATTLE HONOURS. ALSO SEEN HERE IS THE SQUADRON BADGE WHICH FEATURES OF FOXES HEAD FAMOUSLY ADOPTED WHEN THE UNIT BECAME THE ONLY RAF OPERATOR OF THE FAIRY FOX IN 1926.

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

• Like 61

Very impressive. Museum quality.

Including some excellent photography.

Regards, Orion

9 hours ago, Steve Coombs said:

Ooh, that's good.

If you don't mind my asking, what did you do regarding the wing-sweep airbags?

Hi Steve its something that lets this kit down, and the after market parts are not much better.

I used the foil that scalpe blades come in, I rubbed it down, then folded edges , and then used Tamiya masking tape to create the ribs.

I found the foil better to use as its more playable, and works a lot better than just foil, especially when it needs to just fold out on the wings.

Mike

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1