Jet2 Boeing 737-800 in 1/144 Scale

My completed Jet2 Boeing 737-800 in 1/144 Scale using the Zvezda Kit. I really like the Zvezda kits, they go together really well and the detail is excellent, the most intricate part is probably the Nose gear assembly.

Fuselage was sprayed using Tamiya Silver Mica rattle can, engines, tail and winglets Revell Red. Wings and stabs Revell 371 with Revell 90 leading edges. After market decals from DrawDecal completed this Airliner perfectly. 

Thank you for looking and any feedback is greatly appreciated.

Alistair

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

Edited by Scotsman07
  • Like 21
  • Thanks 1

I promise I'm not stalking you, this just came up as I was about to log off!

That's another real beauty. By coincidence I'm just finishing a Zvezda 738 and if everything goes to plan it should be in RFI sometime next week. It really is a lovely kit. I agree about the nosewheel leg but the finished result is worth the effort.

Just one thought. If you haven't come across them Authentic Airliner Decals make wonderful "photo real" cockpit and cabin window decals which are well worth buying. They cover most of the popular jets and some props as well. 

Dave G

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Skodadriver said:

I promise I'm not stalking you, this just came up as I was about to log off!

That's another real beauty. By coincidence I'm just finishing a Zvezda 738 and if everything goes to plan it should be in RFI sometime next week. It really is a lovely kit. I agree about the nosewheel leg but the finished result is worth the effort.

Just one thought. If you haven't come across them Authentic Airliner Decals make wonderful "photo real" cockpit and cabin window decals which are well worth buying. They cover most of the popular jets and some props as well. 

Dave G

Thank you again Dave. I’ll look forward to seeing that 👍🏻. I will definitely have a look at that site for the windows, as the standard decal options aren’t always great. Thank you again for your comments and help 👍🏻😃!

1 minute ago, Romeo Alpha Yankee said:

That is a lovely finish on the 738 of a interestingly striking scheme.

I have a couple of these kits and am looking forward to having a crack at it. Note taken on the nose gear.

Thank you, I’d like it if they released decals in their ‘Jet2holidays’ livery (unless I’m missing them already being available).

2 hours ago, Moa said:

Very Nice!

Pity Photobucket's nasty policy of ruining every image with a hallmark.

I use Flickr, which is a PITA for different reasons.

Cheers

Thank you very much, yeah it’s really annoying 😩.

Hi Alistair,

Just lovely! I see these flying over my house all the time and must get round to building one. 

The Zvezda kit is great isn't it? It just seems to fall together, I'm working on one too which should be finished very soon.

I'll second Dave's suggestion about the Authentic Airliners window decals. I always use them and love the realistic finish it gives.

Have to agree with Moa about the Photobucket watermark. Maybe you could use another hosting site, I use flickr which I find ok, at least they don't plaster their name all over your pics!

The Jet2holidays decals are available on eBay

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Jet2-Holidays-Boeing-737-800-Airliner-Decal-1-144-scale-for-Revell-Zvezda-kit/323847590920?hash=item4b66d21408:g:CRAAAOSwJPVdGLsX

but it would be nice if Draw released a sheet in digital silk.

Cheers,

Ian

• Thanks 1

The Model is really superb, concerning the Colours. And the livery is very attractive, 

But I think You omitted all the antennas (or antennae?) on the roof. Maybe you can still add them by using water based glue so you won't ruin the paint.

I am using postimages.org. There are no marks.

cheers,

Norbert

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Turbofan said:

Hi Alistair,

Just lovely! I see these flying over my house all the time and must get round to building one. 

The Zvezda kit is great isn't it? It just seems to fall together, I'm working on one too which should be finished very soon.

I'll second Dave's suggestion about the Authentic Airliners window decals. I always use them and love the realistic finish it gives.

Have to agree with Moa about the Photobucket watermark. Maybe you could use another hosting site, I use flickr which I find ok, at least they don't plaster their name all over your pics!

The Jet2holidays decals are available on eBay

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Jet2-Holidays-Boeing-737-800-Airliner-Decal-1-144-scale-for-Revell-Zvezda-kit/323847590920?hash=item4b66d21408:g:CRAAAOSwJPVdGLsX

but it would be nice if Draw released a sheet in digital silk.

Cheers,

Ian

Thank you Ian, I tried signing up to Flickr but was having a nightmare with it and couldn’t get it set up. I would definitely prefer a service that didn’t post the watermark all over the image. 

Thank you for the link for the Decals, do you know how good they are to apply to the model etc? 

I agree about the Zvezda kits, they do seem to go together effortlessly and look great when complete. 

Alistair 

9 hours ago, NorbertBu said:

The Model is really superb, concerning the Colours. And the livery is very attractive, 

But I think You omitted all the antennas (or antennae?) on the roof. Maybe you can still add them by using water based glue so you won't ruin the paint.

I am using postimages.org. There are no marks.

cheers,

Norbert

Thank you Norbert. Do you know which water based glue to get?

Cheers,

Alistair

Really nice, Alistair. I really like this livery. I've enjoyed seeing so many European liveries that are way better than the ones we see in the US all the time. Gone are the days of true artistry expressed on fuselages of airplanes. I really like the finish of the Tamiya metallic finish. I've experimented with only one, and this iis inspiring to branch out a bit more. My next build will probably be a Zvezda 737-800...I've yet to build anything from Zvezda! Thanks for sharing...really a beautiful work indeed! 

• Thanks 1

Very nice 737 in a striking livery.

I am also currently working on a Zvezda 737-800 (among lots of other projects...),which will wear the Qantas retro scheme.

• Like 1