Etihad A320 in 1/144 Scale

I have only just started this Revell A320 1/144 Scale using the Revell Kit displayed in the Etihad livery. I mixed this colour up myself, and I think it’s ok but wanted to ask what you thought? I liked the nail polish idea, but I needed a paintbrush option and this is how it’s progressing so far.

spacer.png

spacer.pngspacer.png

Edited by Scotsman07
Uploading new photos
  • Like 6

To my eye it looks a little to light and not enough goldish if get what I mean.

I want to do a Etihad A340-600 that I flew in back in 2010 and have been looking for a good match as well.

The build looks fine to mine though.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Romeo Alpha Yankee said:

To my eye it looks a little to light and not enough goldish if get what I mean.

I want to do a Etihad A340-600 that I flew in back in 2010 and have been looking for a good match as well.

The build looks fine to mine though.

I know, I’ve really struggled with mixing up the colour. The really thing looks so different under different lighting conditions. Here is what I was trying I base it on. Thank you 😃spacer.png

• Like 1

All good, I think the base colour needs a pearlescent finish. Xtracolour have a 2 part mix for these schemes with the top coat giving it the sheen effect.

I can't tell from you picture but perhaps a gloss coat may give a better result (if you haven't already done so).

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Romeo Alpha Yankee said:

All good, I think the base colour needs a pearlescent finish. Xtracolour have a 2 part mix for these schemes with the top coat giving it the sheen effect.

I can't tell from you picture but perhaps a gloss coat may give a better result (if you haven't already done so).

Thank you for your suggestion, it’s very much appreciated. I saw someone use nail polish and that looked really good, I’m no good with an airbrush so do all my models by brush. I will add a few coats of gloss when I’ve finished the decals. I gave it a few coats of Humbrol Clear before starting the decals. Thank you again for taking the time to view the post and for your positive suggestion 😃. Here is what I was trying to compare it to. 

spacer.png

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Adam Poultney said:

Looks very nice. 

What happened with the wingtips being changed? Were the smaller ones scratch built?

Thank you 😃. It’s going to have Sharklets, in one of the images I’ve accidentally knocked one of them off, just need to reattach it. They are from http://www.brazmodels.com/ A318/A319/A320/A321 Sharklets.

Bush painted!

Wow you do a nice job, that last shot shows a better sheen and looks closer to the effect you are trying to achieve.  I suppose you can't relay on photos with so many variables such as background and lighting conditions.

Looking forward to seeing the finished product.

You have motivated me to get some of the mine finished.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Adam Poultney said:

Wait there are aftermarket ones? You might have just rescued my A320 from the Shelf of Doom....

Yeah haha, I got mine from Hannants originally. I have done a few A320s with Sharklets. Here is my Swiss one.

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

• Like 3