Tartan Spartan

Albeback52

Ok! It's not exactly tartan!!:lol:. It is however the Italeri 1/72 C-27J Spartan. Start of my long term project to build my own line up of aircraft operated by the Poblachd Neo -eisimileach Feachd an Adhair (Air Force of the Independent Scottish Republic).  Very nice kit which went together easily with few fit problems.  Mostly handpainted (apart from the base coat which sprayed with a rattrle can (Humbrol Grass Green). Remaining colours Revell Aqua Dark Earth matt, Dunkelgrun matt and, matt black. Kit decals were pretty poor. I don't know what the unit emblem on the tail came from - I found them in the decal box and thought they looked nice! Masking was a bit tedious but, overall I really enjoyed this.  As I am likely to find myself released by my employer on medical grounds, I will have a lot more time on my hands to really get to work on the rest of them!:lol: 

Allan

ps - the white appearance of the lower cockpit windows is caused by reflected light.

• Like 19
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Romeo Alpha Yankee said:

I like it Allan!, I have spare C-127 in the stash, I should have a go at something like this.

Looks like you had fun masking that paintwork.

:thumbsup:

It was oddly therapeutic! Quite straightforward too as all I did was cut random shapes out of 50mm wide tape to form the pattern. Time consuming certainly but worth it.I have C-130J in mind but, in order to save my sanity I will probably make the individual patterned areas larger and a bit simpler in outline

The C-27J is an excellent kit and,I have another one which I intend to finish in Geard an Oirthir (Coast Guard) colours

Allan

Edited by Albeback52
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, SleeperService said:

That's very nicely done Allan.

Watch this space!😂. I have no specific timeline in mind so, I have plenty scope for choice of subjects.

Allan 

4 hours ago, Abandoned Project said:

Not so much 'if only' or 'what if' as 'someday maybe' ;)

Very nice work sir.

Thank you. Of course, the "maybe someday" scenario is, I think, not for discussing here.😀 

Allan.

ps -I have yet to decide on either of the Freedom or Independence class fast frigates for my navy choice but, I think the Independence class will win, purely because I love the trimaran design!

1 hour ago, Albeback52 said:

I've yet to decide on either of the Freedom or Independence class fast frigates for my navy choice but, I think the Independence class will win, purely because I love the trimaran design!

Will you have a Wallace class destroyer/carrier in the fleet?

On 7/16/2019 at 11:39 AM, Abandoned Project said:

Will you have a Wallace class destroyer/carrier in the fleet?

Don't know about that one😂. I do have a short list of names for a hypothetical fleet of 6 :Robert the Bruce

Sir William Wallace

Sir John Moore

Sir Thomas  Cochrane

Robert Roy McGregor

Sir James Douglas

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Abandoned Project said:

What about a carrier called Queen Mary?

I think that might be a tad optimistic even for a "whif" project! 😂😀

Allan

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
3 hours ago, Wulfman said:

Nice job on the Spartan, I’m thinking along the same lines, I’ve got a Hawk in mind.

Wulfman

I have a whole air force to do!😂. I have another C-27 kit which will be in coast guard colours. 

I have decided to add the C-130J and, Merlin helicopter to the line up.. F/A -18E/F as the main combat type.

Allan

• 3 weeks later...

Lovely camo job - I was going to 'humoursly' suggest it should be various shades of grey, but looks like it would work very well anywhere in the central belt. Clavework graphics has a few Scottish what-if profiles, funny how they are all for a republic as well.