Martin B-57B

hobo9

Hi,

Would there be a copy of the B-57B pre-flight checklist available on the web or in book form?

As always, your help is very much appreciated.

Regards,

P.N. 

7 hours ago, canberra kid said:

I have one.

John, you are the

John,

Well, you are the man! Thanks for getting back to me. Any chance of getting a copy?

Please let me know.

Regards,

P.N.

Edited by hobo9
  • Like 1

John,

I've never seen one but that's exactly what I thought it would be. Thanks for the pic. I got interested in the Canberra when I ran across a pdf copy of the "Operational Suitability test of the B-57B". From there, I Googled everything I could and downloaded several T.O.s, including yours. I love reading about aircraft from the 50s to the 60s. and the Canberra fitted right in. LABS maneuvers, nuclear payloads, the idiot loop! Scary stuff today but not then. Not bad for an airplane in use for 30 years.

As far as the P-47 is concerned, it is my second choice all-time favorite airplanes. Got a few books on the subject and saw one up-close at an airshow and the Connecticut Air Museum. I wish I could sit with your dad for a few hours, he must have some stories to tell!

I would like to thank you in advance if you could scan a copy for me, that would be great.

Have a great day,

Hobo9

• Like 1

5 hours ago, hobo9 said:

John,

I've never seen one but that's exactly what I thought it would be. Thanks for the pic. I got interested in the Canberra when I ran across a pdf copy of the "Operational Suitability test of the B-57B". From there, I Googled everything I could and downloaded several T.O.s, including yours. I love reading about aircraft from the 50s to the 60s. and the Canberra fitted right in. LABS maneuvers, nuclear payloads, the idiot loop! Scary stuff today but not then. Not bad for an airplane in use for 30 years.

As far as the P-47 is concerned, it is my second choice all-time favorite airplanes. Got a few books on the subject and saw one up-close at an airshow and the Connecticut Air Museum. I wish I could sit with your dad for a few hours, he must have some stories to tell!

I would like to thank you in advance if you could scan a copy for me, that would be great.

Have a great day,

Hobo9

Hi @hobo9

If you haven't already? you may want to take a look around my web site, google IPMS UK Canberra SIG, for some reason it's not working on mobil devices at thd moment so you will need to look via a laptop or other PC. 

John

6 hours ago, canberra kid said:

If you haven't already? you may want to take a look around my web site

Yep- John's your man when it comes to Canberras- I think he's running a special on used starter cartridges this week only! 😜 (Sorry, John- I don't know what comes over me sometimes...probably too many Diosol fumes over the years!)

Mike

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, 72modeler said:

Yep- John's your man when it comes to Canberras- I think he's running a special on used starter cartridges this week only! 😜 (Sorry, John- I don't know what comes over me sometimes...probably too many Diosol fumes over the years!)

Mike

It's ok Mike, I have the same problem every time I get a nostril full of ode de Canberra :) 

John 

Edited by canberra kid
  • Haha 1