Revell 1/48 Tornado Gr 4 - ZG750 Pinky

stevemk1

Hi

I'm a little late with starting this, but I hope my choice of build will be welcome. I'll be using the fairly new Revell 1/48th Gr 4, together with Eduard photoetch interior and belts, and Xtradecal decals. Initial photos to follow soon.

Steve

• Like 1

Have made a little progress this week, so here's the first photos

In the box:

spacer.png

A selection of aftermarket - masks, pitot, control panels, seatbelts, and wing gloves:

spacer.png

It felt mean sanding off all of the detail from the Revell cockpit, but the metal parts look far better than I could paint

spacer.png

Seats are starting to take shape now:

spacer.png

Hopefully a bit more will get done this evening, but I'm not sure I'll be able to get all of the straps onto the seats without losing any!

Steve

• Like 3

After a lot of small parts pinging out of tweezers, I'm fairly happy with how the seats look. I decided to leave off a couple of the smallest parts as sometimes it's good to know when to stop.

spacer.png

• Like 4

On 7/9/2019 at 8:19 AM, stevemk1 said:

Hi

I'm a little late with starting this, but I hope my choice of build will be welcome. I'll be using the fairly new Revell 1/48th Gr 4, together with Eduard photoetch interior and belts, and Xtradecal decals. Initial photos to follow soon.

Steve

Better late than never Steve. Some nice progress and the PE parts do make a difference :thumbsup:

Cheers, Peter

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Have made some more progress, fuselage is all together. Had a bit of a break for time at RIAT and a summer holiday. 

The air intakes are driving me mad, I've had a go with the filler, but still some unsightly gaps around those areas which need sorting before painting.