Equipment of my Family.

Hi Barry,

If it ever happens 152 will be the victim. Such a great looking vehicle, a genuine Christchurch tram and one dad was heavily involved with both during restoration and operations. 
I have the profile and section view drawings and a heap of photos, but nothing started yet. At this stage just a twinkle in my eye. 

Pleased you liked Carpathia.

Steve

• Like 1

1st step is the floor. 10in thick = 5/16in, Open section 1st length inc the thickness of 2 centre bulkheads; 2&3, 2 saloon floors inc end bulkheads, screw bulkhead floors on top of centre section. Next the 2 drivers platforms which go under the saloon floors.Draw centre lines along each piece for reference, send s photo pls.

have fun,regards, Barry

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

My grandfather was in the Highland Light Infantry in WW1 and was wounded at the Somme. He served in the Home Guard in WW2 and worked as a postman all of his life. His aunt was a very senior nurse in the Queen Alexandrias nursing service. My other grandfather was a coal miner. My dad was in the FAA, in the Forties and FIfties, he subsequently worked at Scottish Aviation building Pioneers and then was a fireman initially with Glasgow Fire Brigade. 

I think theres a lot a lot of scope there. Would a Twin Pioneer be appropriate? Or would it need to be something worked on while serving?

9 hours ago, 825 said:

I think theres a lot a lot of scope there. Would a Twin Pioneer be appropriate? Or would it need to be something worked on while serving?

Hello 825... Id like to Salute your Families service and sacrifice. Yes civilian equipment is allowed alongside military. Wether in service to country or fellow man it is allowed. Ive added you to the list on page 1. 

Dennis

I’d like to join but while my father served in 41 Royal Marine Commando between 1941 and 1946 I can’t see what I could model from that other than personal kit :(

My maternal grandfather served on both HMS Malaya and HMS Barham during WW1 and was on Barham at Jutland in 1916 but again no model exists in 1916 fit as far as I know :(

I have a distant relative lost on HMS Edinburgh who would have been an uncle (married to an auntie) but again not much luck there in model availability. 

I’d be delighted if anyone knows better 

19 minutes ago, JohnT said:

I’d like to join but while my father served in 41 Royal Marine Commando between 1941 and 1946 I can’t see what I could model from that other than personal kit :(

You could always do a Figure if you have any interest ? 

19 minutes ago, JohnT said:

HMS Malaya and HMS Barham during WW1 and was on Barham at Jutland in 1916 but again no model exists in 1916 fit as far as I know :(

I have a distant relative lost on HMS Edinburgh

Would it be an easy conversion ? Im not familiar with the class of the ships ? As I said to 825 Civilian equipment also counts. Were they or yourself ever a passenger on something like a ship, plane, or train ? Re-occurring Passenger travel and rescue vessels/aircraft count as they are connected to said equipment ? 

Dennis