FROG (Novo) Fairey Delta 2 (FROG GB entry)

F333 Fairey Delta 2 1/72, WG774, SBAC Farnborough airshow 1957 'God awful Purple'

(duplicate post from FROG squad gallery)

Please find attached for your aural consumption, my attempt at the 1964 tooling of the record breaking aircraft, the Fairey Delta 2.

Fd2

Fd2

48233884672_3a525bf70b_b.jpg 48233810111_21e37743ac_b.jpg 48233810096_d48af73679_b.jpg

When I embarked on this GB, got a couple of bagged kits from my father, but came across this beauty (albeit in a novo boxing). I was looking for decals as the Novo ones are notoriously bad, and came across the example I have modelled here. After a while discussing with @PeterB, I sorted some decals and paint out and started on the kit... there were less around 20 parts... this should be easy! How wrong was I you ask? Very 😂

WIP is here: 

More time was spent filling and sanding this brute than putting it together, but doesn't that make the end result all the more satisfying? Despite messing up the first coats of paint and having to sand down again I am pretty happy with my representation of this historic and classic aircraft. I think this has got me hooked on post-war British jets as I am eyeing up an SR53!

Thanks for watching folks.

Ash

• Like 20

That looks brilliant, in every sense of the word too I guess. :D I've long thought the FD.2 was a thing of great beauty, would that someone would put out a new model of it or even that I could find an original for not silly money. :( 

Steve.

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, stevehnz said:

That looks brilliant, in every sense of the word too I guess. :D I've long thought the FD.2 was a thing of great beauty, would that someone would put out a new model of it or even that I could find an original for not silly money. :( 

Steve.

Dora Wings are apparently working on a 1/72nd scale version. I wonder if the moulds have reached the end of their life as the Novo  version looked a bit rough in places. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Mr T said:

Dora Wings are apparently working on a 1/72nd scale version. I wonder if the moulds have reached the end of their life as the Novo  version looked a bit rough in places. 

That would be most welcome! I can vouch for the fact that even the novo boxing is rough to say the least...

20 minutes ago, stevehnz said:

I've heard rumours to this effect, I wait in hope. :)

Steve.

^^ would it be too cheeky to hope for a 1/48 version?

Ash

1 minute ago, stevej60 said:

As noted in the GB  Ash a superb example of what can be done with an old unloved kit,great job.

Much appreciated Steve 

• Like 1