Naughty but nice. Eduard 1/48 Spitfire IX, 318 (Gdanski) Sqn

318 (Gdanski) Squadron was one of the last Polish squadrons to be formed & was named after the city of Gdansk, after the custom of naming fighter squadrons after cities & bomber squadrons after regions. It performed the vital, dangerous but unglamorous work of army cooperation in support of the 2nd Polish Army Corps in the middle east & Italy. It saw intense action at Monte Cassino.

Tissano_July44_Uchwat_L.jpg

Image from Polish Squadrons Remembered.

This is my fourth Eduard Spit IX, detail is great but the engineering is over complicated in some ares. I can't understand why the exhaust comprises several parts & the cowling top is split in 2. I used Eduard's resin replacement on this which didn't fit as well as the Barracuda part I used on my other ones! Decals are from Topcolors Polish Spitfires booklet. It represents the aircraft flown by P/O Chudzinski from Tissano in Italy, July 1945.

Any comments, criticisms & observations welcome.

Pete

ebe9d4e4-96c7-40ba-9c9f-8d3258f38184.jpg

65f336e2-d0ce-474a-8027-545c4c84afa5.jpg

6d987369-31a9-4d5e-bd49-defbcf6775fd.jpg

e26917c7-7e4e-4471-a92c-32f9a60fe6a8.jpg

43ffefc3-d10d-4259-8ace-67fc485b826a.jpg

Thanks for looking.

• Like 40

Superb build and finish Pete, great to see some nose art too ! You`ve just convinced me to revisit Eduards Spitfire🙂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rad shutters Auto said:

Another excellent build and finish Pete. Cant wait to see her in person. What is next on the bench 318 Sqns BF109 ???

Hmm, there's a thought.

On 09/07/2019 at 21:53, russ c said:

Superb build and finish Pete, great to see some nose art too ! You`ve just convinced me to revisit Eduards Spitfire🙂

Go on Russ, you know you want to! There must be plenty of SEAC schemes out there to partner your fantastic Martlet. 

3 minutes ago, Buzby061 said:

Go on Russ, you know you want to! There must be plenty of SEAC schemes out there to partner your fantastic Martlet. 

I`ve done it already Pete, some after market decals and a weekend edition Mk VIII on their way here..........

You`re a bad influence on me ( but in a good way 🙂

• Like 1

4 hours ago, russ c said:

I`ve done it already Pete, some after market decals and a weekend edition Mk VIII on their way here..........

Look forward to seeing her Russ. 

4 hours ago, russ c said:

Look forward to seeing her Russ.