Tamiya 1/48 Spitfire Mk.Vb

Hello;

Latest piece is ready for its inspection.  I am prepared for a thorough review, please don't hold back if I've done something that could be improved, especially in terms of accuracy.  Almost all the markings are painted, Tamiya and Vallejo for the paints.  Airbrush and silver pencil for the weathering.  

A full description of the build, lots more pics and why I chose this subject (and its context) can be found on my site, Making-History.ca 

Cheers;

Mark.

spacer.png

spacer.pngspacer.png

spacer.png

Edited by mark.au
Added information
  • Like 46

Love the fact that you not only chose to do this scheme and markings, but also did a stellar job on the Tamiya kit! Very, very nice build as well as a great read. Thanks so much for sharing the history with us.

Mike

• Thanks 1

Thank you all for the kind comments on the model.  The story was particularly important for this for me, thanks for taking the time to read it.

• Like 1

Very nice model indeed !

There seems to be some mixing up of the opertions Rutter and Jubilee in the article though. Op. Rutter was the forerunner to Op. Jubilee. The white identification stripes were used during Op. Rutter in July, but were not applied for Op. Jubilee in August. Thus, the photo of 303 Sqn. Spitfires in the article, en route to Dieppe without the stripes, would very well be correct.

Nils

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Vingtor said:

Very nice model indeed !

There seems to be some mixing up of the opertions Rutter and Jubilee in the article though. Op. Rutter was the forerunner to Op. Jubilee. The white identification stripes were used during Op. Rutter in July, but were not applied for Op. Jubilee in August. Thus, the photo of 303 Sqn. Spitfires in the article, en route to Dieppe without the stripes, would very well be correct.

Nils

Thanks for the info!  Based on what I have looked up there may or may not have been an order to remove the stripes from FC on 17 July after Rutter was cancelled.  Time for an edit 😁

Norwegian Spitfires of 331 and 332 Sqn. were also painted with white stripes for Op. Rutter. However, none of the photos taken during Op. Jubilee show any stripes.

Nils

• Thanks 1

Fantastic build.  I really like your website. The article on the Bf 110  was very interesting.  I've had that promodeller kit for years. There is something about it that makes me want to hold onto it

• Thanks 1