Hi from Norfolk

Chris Bryant

Hi all,

I'm Chris, I'll admit I've been lurking on this page for some time now!! I'm just starting out in the modelling hobby really, when work allows. At the moment I tend to build in 1/48. I'm just coming to the end of an Airfix meteor F8 that has been on the work bench for around 2 years?!? 😐😉

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Timbo88 said:

Hi Chris, new here too and just down the road from you. Good luck with your Meteor, hope it's been fun so far.

Timbo

It's been an education! I've had all the nosecone issues that the airfix meteor is known for! Fairly happy so far though. 

6 hours ago, Chris Bryant said:

I'm just coming to the end of an Airfix meteor F8 that has been on the work bench for around 2 years?!? 😐😉

:welcome: aboard Chris - I wouldn't worry about how long it takes you to make a model.  Just enjoy it and plod on at your own pace.  I've got a very poor finish rate these days, so I can't say anything ;)

40 minutes ago, Timbo88 said:

Not got my hands on the Meteor yet, but one day.....

Definitely worth a look in. Aside from the aforementioned nose cone issue, it's a lovely kit, just needs a little bit of work here and there! 

Hello Chris... :post1: from Chicago USA. Even if its a piece a week it is still modeling. My two longest builds were a RAAF PBY-5 in 1/48 that took just under 15 years. And a 1/48 PBJ-1H that took 9.5 years so dont worry about time. In the end they all get built. 

Dennis

I started the 1/32 Revell Hunter FGA9 in 2000. Stopped building it when my available work space became smaller than the size of that kit!

I'm currently limited to using a Humbrol plastic work station on my lap. Hope to one day get a decent workshop again.

Hi! My name is Chris, too. Greetings from Western Canada. Don't worry about your speed rate. I've been slowly working on a 1/72 Airfix Hurricane since January 2018. I've not worked on any other kit in that time. My pace can best be described as glacial.

Chris

Gidday Chris, welcome aboard, from West Oz. Although I'm into ships rather than planes the build philosophy is the same - build at your own pace, don't rush it and perhaps spoil it.

And Dennis, I'm sorry but I can out do you in the dawdling stakes - My model of HMAS Perth II took me nearly forty years! 😁 And it was only a 1/600 Airfix "Rommel" I converted. Regards to all, Jeff.

• 3 weeks later...

As per the others welcome aboard ...I gob off a lot and occasionally model stuff....kits not myself 😬

Kinda like Norfolk and Suffolk..since I spent some time at Wattisham station as the army strangely call it and i know STANTA quite well too....nice part of the world

Welcome Chris - quite an East Anglian collection on here from the looks of things.  Also building 1/48 but somewhat nearer to a Wattisham than Norfolk.  Mind you I get up to Thorpe Abbots way from time to time, even near Pulham St Mary airship station.

Welcome Chris, Essex boy living in Lincs here so another one from East Anglia'.  Know Norfolk pretty well, in fact, down to Norwich to me see lad tomorrow.

17 minutes ago, bar side said:

Welcome Chris - quite an East Anglian collection on here from the looks of things.  Also building 1/48 but somewhat nearer to a Wattisham than Norfolk.  Mind you I get up to Thorpe Abbots way from time to time, even near Pulham St Mary airship station.

With a name like Bar Side, did you used to go to Layer Road ?

18 minutes ago, PLC1966 said:

With a name like Bar Side, did you used to go to Layer Road ?

Season ticket holder in the bar side.  Down the Drury before the match & after.  Moved up to Suffolk a good few years back though

• Like 1

9 hours ago, bar side said:

Season ticket holder in the bar side.  Down the Drury before the match & after.  Moved up to Suffolk a good few years back though

Used to go a lot back in the day.

As a nipper used to go to the Old Open end under the clock until it was closed, and then started standing opposite side to the Bar Side.  Not really been since they moved to the WHC.  In fact, seen them away more than at home in last few years, and that ain't very often to be honest.  See the Drury has turned into a Tesco/Sainsbury mini store.  

I still get to the WHC occasionally and still have mates with season tickets.  Was hoping for play off last season, but that’s Col U for you.  Was mainly there from Burley’s time until the end of Layer Road.  Lived just over in Butt Road & could hear the ground from my back garden.  Can’t ever bring myself to see Ipswich