1/48 Tamiya F84G Thunderjet

Evening everyone,

This is Tamiya’s 1/48 Thunderjet in the markings of Lt Jacob Kratt, a triple Mig killer from the Korean War. I used a Tamiya aerosol decanted into the H&S over a black basecoat then a few other shades of Alclad. 

I quite like how the O/D panels and white window sealant came out (thankyou Vallejo).

The markings are from from a Cutting Edge sheet as the box markings had long since expired!

Nose pitot and fuel dump pipes were replaced with hollow tube which was an improvement over the kit items.  

Not sure how likelike she is but an attractive bird in more or less showroom condition. That’s how I wanted her and was pleased with how she came out.

Enjoy the evening everyone. I’m going to crack on with the Eduard Tempest.

F84G

F84G

F84G

F84G

F84G

F84G

F84G

F84G

F84G

Edited by gryphon28
  • Like 34

Thanks everyone. Harry, sealed with nothing more than x22 clear. I didn’t want to seal it but I was concerned about long term decal protection so went for very shiny rather than very metallic hence the comment re “lifelike” in my original post.

Like most folks, I build for myself so I was happy.......but it’s great if others appreciate it too. 

Sharing your “work”, does add another layer of enjoyment to our hobby.🤗

• Like 1

The window sealant!!! Bought the ubiquitous Eduard canopy mask and dutifully sprayed my NMF. Removed said expensive mask and discarded it then realised that I needed to paint the sealant. Oh how I laughed😖

To cut a long story short, I steadied myself and brush painted the seal,  without a safety net. I think I got away with it but I was truly puckered up if you know what I mean 😥

• Like 2

On 7/7/2019 at 4:24 PM, gryphon28 said:

Not sure how likelike she is but an attractive bird in more or less showroom condition. That’s how I wanted her and was pleased with how she came out.

That's how I like them too--clean and pristine. A magnificent model!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...