A belated hello from sunny Cumbria

petetasker

Joined in January but I forgot to say hello. Lapsed modeller who gave it all up some 25 plus years ago when work and life in general just got in the way. I used to run the IPMS Helicopter SIG in what now feels like a previous life. Just getting to the end of my first build, the new'ish' Airfix 1/48 Hunter. Mr naïve here thought he would drop back into the hobby as if he’d never been away - boy was he wrong. It’s been a very long frustrating learning curve but hopefully one that’s going to get easier. I was tempted to throw the lot in the bin on more than one occasion but being a stubborn old git I wasn’t going to let a plastic model and an airbrush get the better of me, after all,  just how hard can it be? – well quite hard actually! I used to finish a model every couple of weeks - this ones been on the go since the beginning of the year. Glad to see a lot of the people and retailers I used to know are still in the hobby. Not finished my first model yet but I’ve already spent a small fortune and the stash seems to be taking on a life all of its own - again! Avatar picture (or whatever its called) is of our Cockapoo pup 'Rosie' - she's much prettier than I am!

Pete

• Like 1

Greeting from Western Canada. Welcome back. I, too, have just got back into my first kit in years, but I started mine at the beginning of last year! It's a 1/72 Airfix fabric-wing Hurricane.

My avatar is our late little Shih tzu - Bichon mix named Sushi.

Chris

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Pete I did loads of kits as a kid, then didn’t for years.  Then was given a kit for Christmas and got started again.  This time I moved on to 1/48 which was a new scale to me.  I have found that there are lots of cheap old 1/48 kits on ebay that you can get your skills up on before jumping in to a hi spec new kit.  I have built a good few ESCI & Monogram kits before trying a Revell Tornado - which is more than a bit intimidating.  Not tried the Airfix Hunter yet - all the best with it

• Like 1