Falklands 1/48

malkie24

Hi

I'm looking for 1/48 figures or vehicles to add some life to my 1/48 Falklands Chinook.  Does anyone have any ideas?  I'm up for some fettling and mods. if anyone can point me in the direction of anything that is relatively close to what I need. Thanks

You might be able to do something with the Airfix Land Rovers.  They're 2 generations newer but the basic shape and dimensions are the same.

Do you mean 1982 Falklands War or one of the Chinooks deployed there afterwards?  The single Chinook that made it off Atlantic Conveyor (ZA718, code BN) during the war ended up with a co-pilot's door taken from a damaged Argentine Chinook (AE520 or 521) after the original was jettisoned in an accidental water landing.

Hi Malkie,

if you are doing a dio of the actual war period then you would be limited to just a few tracked vehicles, such as the Scorpion and tracked recovery. Land Rovers didn't really get ashore until after the surrender; although there were the captured Royal Marine detachment Land Rovers and a Bedford MK in the main town of Stanley,

However, after the surrender, you could achieve this for your dio.....

spacer.png

Mike

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...