Jump to content
This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

MigModeller

Which 1/72 Skyhawk for Israeli A F?

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Hi all

Hobby Boss A-4E Skyhawk :87254 is this the best for Israli A F machine?

 

Did the IDF take A4 ordinance from the Americans or the French?

 

Best source for decals?

 

M.M.

Edited by MigModeller

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
48 minutes ago, MigModeller said:

Hobby Boss A-4E Skyhawk :87254 is this the best for Israli A F machine?

 

I'm not familiar with the Hobby Boss kit, since I haven't one (yet). Since Israel received stock US Navy A-4E/F's after Yom Kippur, any E kit can be made into an Israeli one. 

 

Quote

Best source for decals?

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/isradecal-iaf-17-israeli-air-force-a-4-e-h-n-skyhawk--994407

 

Very hard to find, but since you asked for the best...

 

Cheers,

 

Andre 

Edited by Hook

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Hi

This could be a nice base but at least for an A-4H whithout the hump you need to scratch build the braking parachute under the rear fuselage. Anyway the Fujimi is better as the leading edge slats are dropable as seen usually on apron.

This is one of my next projects and I have just bought an Armycast decal sheet here :

 

A-4 in IDF/AF service

 

Patrick

Edited by VG 33

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/6/2019 at 12:59 PM, VG 33 said:

Hi

This could be a nice base but at least for an A-4H whithout the hump you need to scratch build the braking parachute under the rear fuselage. Anyway the Fujimi is better as the leading edge slats are dropable as seen usually on apron.

This is one of my next projects and I have just bought an Armycast decal sheet here :

 

A-4 in IDF/AF service

 

Patrick

Hi Patrick

 

Look here

 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Aires-7367-1-72-A-4-Skyhawk-IDF-Exhaust-Nozzles-For-Fujimi/192957436272?hash=item2ced28d170:g:D3QAAOSwB3JdC8zl

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well the Israeli Air Force operated:

46 A-4E

90 A-4H

117 A-4N

25 TA-4H

 

I believe these were all delivered with the standard short exhaust but they were later modified with an extension to the exhaust nozzle to aid against SAMs. I think you need to find a photograph of the one you intend to model. If you can get them, the Fujimi kits are the best (A-4E or A-4F for the A-4E & H, A-4M for the A-4N and TA-4F or TA-4J for the TA-4H.

 

Unless anybody else knows better......................................?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

In addition to the good info above: Israeli Skyhawks that were delivered from USN stocks were refitted with the same underslung 30mm DEFA cannon as the A-4H/N.

 

Cheers,

 

Andre

Edited by Hook

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Nigel Bunker said:

 

 

I believe these were all delivered with the standard short exhaust but they were later modified with an extension to the exhaust nozzle to aid against SAMs. I think you need to find a photograph of the one you intend to model. If you can get them, the Fujimi kits are the best (A-4E or A-4F for the A-4E & H, A-4M for the A-4N and TA-4F or TA-4J for the TA-4H.

 

Unless anybody else knows better......................................?

The real thing about the Fujimi Skyhawk is to find them for non prohibitive weird prices different than Evilbay

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How many builders do we have to be to put  an "group order" to Fujimi concerning their 1/72 A-4 and get an positive response?

 

Cheers / André

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You can count me in even though I managed to snatch enough (11) Fujimi Skyhawks for my projects

 

Luigi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey I already start 6 of them

 

Cheers

 

Armando

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 7/11/2019 at 11:17 AM, Andre B said:

How many builders do we have to be to put  an "group order" to Fujimi concerning their 1/72 A-4 and get an positive response?

Id take a few if they would re-pop them ? Same with the A-6 and A-7. 

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/12/2019 at 10:45 PM, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Id take a few if they would re-pop them ? Same with the A-6 and A-7. 

You can find those kits at Ebay by searching as Testors (they are the same Fujimi kits)

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, RAGATIGER said:

You can find those kits at Ebay by searching as Testors (they are the same Fujimi kits)

True but i haven't had any luck with eBay since i came back from my hiatus. Most likely as my budget is restrained to about $200 a year. This will hopefully change soon as i may be getting my Federal disability. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Jackman said:

That's odd. I always thought Testors reboxed Italeri Skyhawks and not Fujimi. 

Methinks Ragatiger was talking about the A-6 and A-7 kits.

 

Cheers,

 

Andre

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...