Which 1/72 Skyhawk for Israeli A F?

MigModeller

Hi all

Hobby Boss A-4E Skyhawk :87254 is this the best for Israli A F machine?

Did the IDF take A4 ordinance from the Americans or the French?

Best source for decals?

M.M.

Edited by MigModeller

48 minutes ago, MigModeller said:

Hobby Boss A-4E Skyhawk :87254 is this the best for Israli A F machine?

I'm not familiar with the Hobby Boss kit, since I haven't one (yet). Since Israel received stock US Navy A-4E/F's after Yom Kippur, any E kit can be made into an Israeli one. 

Best source for decals?

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/isradecal-iaf-17-israeli-air-force-a-4-e-h-n-skyhawk--994407

Very hard to find, but since you asked for the best...

Cheers,

Andre 

Edited by Hook

Hi

This could be a nice base but at least for an A-4H whithout the hump you need to scratch build the braking parachute under the rear fuselage. Anyway the Fujimi is better as the leading edge slats are dropable as seen usually on apron.

This is one of my next projects and I have just bought an Armycast decal sheet here :

A-4 in IDF/AF service

Patrick

Edited by VG 33

On 7/6/2019 at 12:59 PM, VG 33 said:

Hi

This could be a nice base but at least for an A-4H whithout the hump you need to scratch build the braking parachute under the rear fuselage. Anyway the Fujimi is better as the leading edge slats are dropable as seen usually on apron.

This is one of my next projects and I have just bought an Armycast decal sheet here :

A-4 in IDF/AF service

Patrick

Hi Patrick

Look here

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Aires-7367-1-72-A-4-Skyhawk-IDF-Exhaust-Nozzles-For-Fujimi/192957436272?hash=item2ced28d170:g:D3QAAOSwB3JdC8zl

• Thanks 1

Well the Israeli Air Force operated:

46 A-4E

90 A-4H

117 A-4N

25 TA-4H

I believe these were all delivered with the standard short exhaust but they were later modified with an extension to the exhaust nozzle to aid against SAMs. I think you need to find a photograph of the one you intend to model. If you can get them, the Fujimi kits are the best (A-4E or A-4F for the A-4E & H, A-4M for the A-4N and TA-4F or TA-4J for the TA-4H.

Unless anybody else knows better......................................?

• Like 2

In addition to the good info above: Israeli Skyhawks that were delivered from USN stocks were refitted with the same underslung 30mm DEFA cannon as the A-4H/N.

Cheers,

Andre

Edited by Hook

2 hours ago, Nigel Bunker said:

I believe these were all delivered with the standard short exhaust but they were later modified with an extension to the exhaust nozzle to aid against SAMs. I think you need to find a photograph of the one you intend to model. If you can get them, the Fujimi kits are the best (A-4E or A-4F for the A-4E & H, A-4M for the A-4N and TA-4F or TA-4J for the TA-4H.

Unless anybody else knows better......................................?

The real thing about the Fujimi Skyhawk is to find them for non prohibitive weird prices different than Evilbay

• Like 1

On 7/11/2019 at 11:17 AM, Andre B said:

How many builders do we have to be to put  an "group order" to Fujimi concerning their 1/72 A-4 and get an positive response?

Id take a few if they would re-pop them ? Same with the A-6 and A-7. 

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle
  • Like 1

On 7/12/2019 at 10:45 PM, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Id take a few if they would re-pop them ? Same with the A-6 and A-7. 

You can find those kits at Ebay by searching as Testors (they are the same Fujimi kits)

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, RAGATIGER said:

You can find those kits at Ebay by searching as Testors (they are the same Fujimi kits)

True but i haven't had any luck with eBay since i came back from my hiatus. Most likely as my budget is restrained to about $200 a year. This will hopefully change soon as i may be getting my Federal disability. 

3 hours ago, Jackman said:

That's odd. I always thought Testors reboxed Italeri Skyhawks and not Fujimi. 

Methinks Ragatiger was talking about the A-6 and A-7 kits.

Cheers,

Andre

• Thanks 1