Hi EJ, glad to see you back, and in top form teaching us to see details in photo's. 

I am learning SO much from your posts, that I am seriously glad I have not made much progress on mine. ( other projects). 

Never even thought to look under the thwarts for stuff, never mind something THAT big! lol. Regards, Pete in RI.

• Like 1

Ah, that reel is actually on several of the drawings of the various types of cutters, both the straight keel to cut-out variants, so then it was simply a matter of looking for it. Didn't know variants of the rowing cutters existing before working on the models though; each small subject comes more to explore. Hood did carry a set of the older type, but in the end only retained the more modern pair. But these small boats are a lot of work, and with a few of my free days going up in smoke work it took me time to find the motivation to get back to work on them... and these curved thwarts were really a pain to add. I now also have sufficient info on the two larger barges, which are nearly undocumented; a bit of guesswork but one (45ft) will have the cutter stored in it so good enough (one cutter interior is also blocked by the gig model so alas, lots of interior for nothing? 😁)

• Like 1