Soviet Mi-8MT, Spades Dragon, 262nd Helicopter Squadron, Bagram, Afghanistan, 1989...

All done!  I will post 6 images in the gallery and add some others in here.  I am trying to work on the backgrounds, so please be patient.  I have consolidated some shelves so I now have plenty of room for a few more choppers or their kin.

spacer.png

Some close-ups...

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 2

You guys have ruined me!  There was time when, if asked by someone, I would have said, "Oh no...I don't build anything that flew after 1936..."  Then I signed on to this crew and within a year I was building jets.  And now I have built a helicopter!  Alert the press, call the UN into session...😀

My first helicopter...I must and that.  I built a teeny tiny helicopter back when I was about 10...a Hughes O-H6 if my research is correct.

This is different.  

So here's Yellow 23, Bagram Air Base, 1989...The Soviet Union was collapsing; the insurgency was failing; Perestroika was the name of the game...

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

I even have a dedicated shelf now for rotorized aircraft...

spacer.png

The rest are in the gallery...🚁

• Like 3

Well done John!

Only 10 days into the GB and our first entrant in the gallery, and what an entrant it is!

I really like your Hip and think you have done a great job on the painting and weathering as she certainly looks well used. Yours and Glynn's builds have re-kindled my interest in Soviet choppers and I will definitely be building one (or more) alongside my J-7. I'm also really glad that you have been converted to the dark side of helicopter building, there are some great subjects and kits out there and I look forward to your next one, and your Su-25.