Atalef

Hallo again. This is my 4th helicopter to build. The kit is from Kitty Hawk Dauphine II and the conversion is from Wingman. The colors from Gunze are quite simple: All over is C308 and the blue C392. This blue is new for sowjet a/c like Sukhoi.

The equipment for this helicopter is something else. It is equipped for search and rescue ops. Here it is very important to have the Wingman conversion.

In this conversion set you find a huge amount of resin parts. They are very tiny and so I recommend to use a US cutter and a Japanese saw. I got them all out without any loss or damage. You will find links to these tools on my posts already. If you need any more information, so let me know.

The build is straight forward. My way on helicopter building is, to add all glazing to the very end of the build. It is impossible to avoid the dust. And also impossible is to clean them all afterwards.

Well, until next time.

Happy modelling

Pictures of the original: ATALEF walkaround

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 3

Hallo again

Now my Atalef is finished.

To the comment: You do know the cyclic sticks are in backward? As far as I saw it on photos, the sticks are in the correct position.

Well, the assembling is not so difficult. At the last stage, when putting on the antennas you have to take considerable car, for checking the right position and the correct sequence. Otherwise, you cannot hold it anymore on the jig.

The decals from Wingman are a disappointment. Because they stick to the outmost on the carrier paper. To move them on the model is in many occasions simply not possible. Therefore, I lost the rear decals and the numbering. The numbering I took it from a Gloster Gladiator from Roden, which I had in my left over box.

The final assembly is tricky. I did it in a fine hour of tranquility.

My verdict: Not at all for an inexperienced modeler. It should not be your first helicopter.

I look for a good kit in 48 for a Bell 206. Does anybody have one? Let me know.

Now I will do some tanks and halftracks. Just to breathe a fresh air in modelling. My Gotha and 0/400 from WNW will then be ready.

Happy modelling

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 2